PDA

View Full Version : How to Disable the Seatbelt Warning in the 08+

NachO_SRT
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Turn Key to "on" position.

Operate your seatbelt 30 times in 30 seconds.

Turn Key "Off"

Done.

No wires to un-plug.

FYI: the black and white wires under the seat's also work, leave the yellow(air bag!) wires plugged in...

NachO

zero7starz
11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Is there an article on this somewhere about the 06/07s too?? Mine is driving me nuts.

LeggyGT-Rs
11-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I guess I dont see why wearing a seat belt is a problem. They are there for a reason, especially in a WRX or an STI; the force limiters and pre-tensioners are good to have.

Hydrolix
11-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I always wear a seatbelt when I drive if for no other reason than to keep me in the seat (I like fast corners). However, the seatbelt warning in my 07 is annoying beyond annoying. It goes off any time you disconnect the seatbelt...i.e. sitting in the garage warming the car up. removing SB to get to wallet in drive thru. If you disconnect it for any reason it chimes at me at a horrible volume level that drives me nuts!

It's just terrible...

WRXNFX
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Is there an article on this somewhere about the 06/07s too?? Mine is driving me nuts.

I am pretty sure this is the procedure for all Subarus

zero7starz
11-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I always wear a seatbelt when I drive if for no other reason than to keep me in the seat (I like fast corners). However, the seatbelt warning in my 07 is annoying beyond annoying. It goes off any time you disconnect the seatbelt...i.e. sitting in the garage warming the car up. removing SB to get to wallet in drive thru. If you disconnect it for any reason it chimes at me at a horrible volume level that drives me nuts!

It's just terrible...

^THIS!!!

To be completely honest, the Subaru is the first car I habitually wear a seatbelt in. Reason being, if I'm trying to move to check blind spots, or to see around the passenger I do not appreciate being restrained by the ***dam* seatbelt, especially if its in a tight situation its almost dangerous. Secondly, a good friend of mine a few years back NOT wearing a seatbelt actually saved his life (and his legs) by being partially thrown by the car it kept the rest of it from crushing him. But generally in most situations I do prefer a seatbelt especially for reasons that Hydrolix mentioned, and am to the point that I almost would prefer to have a harness.

But the chime is just redonqulious!! I don't mind the blinking light, but its just too much to ding ding ding ding ding like a broken record at extreme volume. Sometimes, I just sit with out the seatbelt waiting for someone (or step out for a reason and its still going off). More over, its not the seatbelt I mind its the annoying chime. /post.

ps: Thx Jeff :D

NachO_SRT
11-24-2009, 11:31 PM
No lights no warning no nothing now.

I hated it. If you undo the seatbelt in a drive through it's a relentless mofo.

NachO

WRXNFX
11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
No lights no warning no nothing now.

I hated it. If you undo the seatbelt in a drive through it's a relentless mofo.

NachO

Good thing it is easy to turn off.

Anyone remember the cars that talked? "Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, Your door is a jar, " KILL ME!!!!

rookrex
11-25-2009, 08:32 AM
i'm doing this the second I get home tonight! I didn't realize that it's that easy.

At the house I have to play the car shuffle game (1 car garage and one lane driveway) so my wife can leave for work and I find myself trying to get the wrx out into the street before the warning goes off. It's probably not safe backing out of your driveway really fast but it's better than listening to that damn bell!!

NachO_SRT
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
i'm doing this the second I get home tonight! I didn't realize that it's that easy.

At the house I have to play the car shuffle game (1 car garage and one lane driveway) so my wife can leave for work and I find myself trying to get the wrx out into the street before the warning goes off. It's probably not safe backing out of your driveway really fast but it's better than listening to that damn bell!!

did it work for you?

NachO

Hydrolix
11-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I tried it and it didn't work, but I might have done it wrong...30 in 30 is quick clicking! Do you have to pull the latch all the way back out or just lock/unlock 30 times?

NachO_SRT
11-30-2009, 07:22 AM
I tried it and it didn't work, but I might have done it wrong...30 in 30 is quick clicking! Do you have to pull the latch all the way back out or just lock/unlock 30 times?

I did it completely click then unclick...

It was not easy to do in 30 seconds.

NachO

derekdaniel
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Dude you must be lightning fast to do that. Hell I would pay someone if they could do it to my car first attempt.

derekdaniel
01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I also read in the manual you can take it to the dealer and they can reduce the chiming intervals or something to make it less annoying.

Scooby24
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
lol, someone please, pleaaaaaase get video of them attempting to do this. Please.

Crispy
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
From what I've read previously it was only 20 times, may have increased on the newer ones and a few extra doesn't hurt anyways. You can hold the release button down and just move the buckle in and out, just want to make sure you seat it all the way down each time.

Definitely a huge annoyance to have the chime going off when I'm warming up the car or just moving a few feet. Would have been great if they would have put a speed sensor in the system.

Zero1
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
From what I've read previously it was only 20 times, may have increased on the newer ones and a few extra doesn't hurt anyways. You can hold the release button down and just move the buckle in and out, just want to make sure you seat it all the way down each time.

Definitely a huge annoyance to have the chime going off when I'm warming up the car or just moving a few feet. Would have been great if they would have put a speed sensor in the system.

WRXNFX
01-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Fron Nasioc

""1. Ignition on engine off.
2. Within 30 seconds of turning on your ignition buckle and unbuckle your seatbelt atleast 20 times. It is usualy easier to do this not sitting in the seat. If you get it right you will know right away ( no chime ). It took me a couple of times to get this one so if it doesnt work the first time keep trying.
3. To get the chime to work again remove negitive lead to battery for 30 secs than replace. Chime will work as normal." (from wrxtuners.com, even though its posted here on nasioc as well)"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... elt+beeper (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919926&highlight=turning+off+seat+belt+beeper)

Some d-bag in there said the seats in his 05 WRX are so uncomfortable that he often rides without a seat belt from long island to NJ.. I called him out.. LOL

Crispy
01-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Fron Nasioc

""1. Ignition on engine off.
2. Within 30 seconds of turning on your ignition buckle and unbuckle your seatbelt atleast 20 times. It is usualy easier to do this not sitting in the seat. If you get it right you will know right away ( no chime ). It took me a couple of times to get this one so if it doesnt work the first time keep trying.
3. To get the chime to work again remove negitive lead to battery for 30 secs than replace. Chime will work as normal." (from wrxtuners.com, even though its posted here on nasioc as well)"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... elt+beeper (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919926&highlight=turning+off+seat+belt+beeper)

Some d-bag in there said the seats in his 05 WRX are so uncomfortable that he often rides without a seat belt from long island to NJ.. I called him out.. LOL
Way to call somebody out on a year old post :P :lol: Have to agree with you though, he's an idiot if he can't find a way to get comfortable during a one hour drive.

Hydrolix
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
I did it. It took me a couple of tries to get it right. Now the system only shows the warning light on start-up and never again after that + no chiming.

The trick to making it work is that you actually need to click the lock shut 30 times in 30 seconds, not necessarily engage and disengage completely in that time period. Lock it, click your red button to unlock it and immediately slam it locked again followed by a button press again, keep repeating till you hit 30.

You don't have to pull the buckle all the way out of the receiver. If you are doing it correctly you will get it done in way less than 30 seconds.

WRXNFX
01-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Way to call somebody out on a year old post :P :lol: Have to agree with you though, he's an idiot if he can't find a way to get comfortable during a one hour drive.

Hey, it isn't a year old, for another 20 days.. :lol:

Classic Nasioc, 2 guys posted after me.. :)

At least I searched... :)

derekdaniel
01-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I did it. It took me a couple of tries to get it right. Now the system only shows the warning light on start-up and never again after that + no chiming.

The trick to making it work is that you actually need to click the lock shut 30 times in 30 seconds, not necessarily engage and disengage completely in that time period. Lock it, click your red button to unlock it and immediately slam it locked again followed by a button press again, keep repeating till you hit 30.

You don't have to pull the buckle all the way out of the receiver. If you are doing it correctly you will get it done in way less than 30 seconds.
Yep I attempted it today and the 20x didnt work at first so I tried 30 and it worked. Follow Hydros method and you cant fail unless you are a sloth lol. ahh 3 chimes at start up and then peace and quiet.

ShootingRN
02-25-2011, 01:45 AM
I did this, the only problem I have with it is that I can't tell if my kids are buckled by looking at the dash. It also disables the light that tells you if passengers aren't buckled.

Yarricc
02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
this was the best thing I have done to my suby yet....it works on the 07's

NachO_SRT
03-20-2011, 09:53 AM
It also works on:

My wifes 2007 RDX

The old man next door has a 2009 Silverado - worked.

My mother has a new 2010 335ix - Did not work.

Do you know how hard it is to say? "hey gimmie your keys, I want to disable that seatbelt chime..."

NachO

myveryown07
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I guess I dont see why wearing a seat belt is a problem. They are there for a reason, especially in a WRX or an STI; the force limiters and pre-tensioners are good to have.

as a car audio guy the chime is annoying when you start your car to let someone hear your stereo and you have to put your seat belt on.

+1 for this trying it in the morning

pnasmith
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM
But...WHY?

Is this a GOOD idea?

Pete

fullerswrx
09-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I disabled mine via the wires underneath the seat. I always wear my seatbelt however I am also in my car a lot during summer and winter when u don't wanna just turn the car off due to weather. I do a lot of work out of my car ie: phones calls, and stuff on my laptop. So when I'm pulled over working with the car on, yes I believe it helps. Now if anyone plans on doing this because they do not wear their seatbelt I would urge you not to do this. But I'm not your dad so do what ya want. Lol.

rookrex
09-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Yeah. I turned mine off because I just don't like to hear the ringing. It barely gives you time to sit down before it demands your seatbelt be on. I think in newer cars the ringing doesn't start until you've hit a certain MPH, but ours just starts if your ass is in the seat.

I also ALWAYS wear my seatbelt. I feel naked without it. It's like not having your wallet or phone on you, you just feel like somethings so wrong.

Justin 05 Sti
09-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I've done it on Sara's Legacy, twice.

I reset the ECU testing the IAM between regular and premium. The next time we were in the car with the chime back her first question was when I was going to disable it again.

CulversGuy2
09-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Did it this morning, annoying sound gone.....I hate being in Drive thru's and trying to grab my wallet and the thing goes off as soon as I undo my seat belt, even when the car isn't moving.

myveryown07
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
i tried it on mine and it didn't take, i hate it when working on my car or starting it to listen or let someone listen to it and the stupid thing doesn't shut up. everytime im in my car though i wear my seatbelt and so does anyone thats with me.

Hydrolix
09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
i tried it on mine and it didn't take, i hate it when working on my car or starting it to listen or let someone listen to it and the stupid thing doesn't shut up. everytime im in my car though i wear my seatbelt and so does anyone thats with me.

Give it another shot. It took me 4 tries on a friend's Outback before it would take.