HOTEL We stay at:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
ROLLA @ UNIV OF MISSOURI ROLLA
1610 OLD WIRE OUTER ROAD
ROLLA, MO 65401
UNITED STATES
1-573-4262900

Thursday Feb 25th 2010
Most people meet up at Noon at the BP in Blue Springs (last place to get 92 oct)

We caravan to Concordia and eat some bomb ass BBQ

Run on through Columbia, and Jeff city. The last bit from Jeff City to Rolla is a lot of fun.

Get to Salem around 4 PM, Register, bum around tech, rub elbows with the other Subaru folks from STL, look at some rally cars close up.

Drive back to Rolla, check in, go get Pizza

Friday Feb 26th 2010:
Get Up , workers meeting 9 AM Salem

Usually meet at 12:30 PM in Steeleville to group up for the Stage 1 all Subaru Crew.

Alternatively you could drive down after work Thursday, straight to Rolla, Friday morning go to the training in Salem then over to the Salem Holiday Inn Express register. Then on to Steeleville.

Around 1PM we roll off as a big group to our stage. A 30 minute or so drive in a long line, then down a gravel road. Group breaks up into it’s functions and positions.

Around 3 PM racers start running. :D

Once a series of cars clear the route, the road opens, we all drive to the end and re-group.

We usually elect to all drive to the next/closest spectator section where we put on out worker garb, and “crowd control” which is code for take pics and stand in front of the public. 8)

Back top Rolla for pizza, then back to the hotel for a few beers, and sharing of any and all pics taken over the day.

Saturday Feb 27th 2010

Meet in Salem 8 AM, group up for the stage 6 all Subaru crew, roll on out, set up and wait until Noonish for the first car.

The whole crew forms back up and we drive off to stage 12 all Subaru crew stage.

Wait a couple more hours for the cars again.

Gather up at the end of the stage and drive to a close spectator point, fake work again, then roll to Salem.

Theoretically we could go watch the finish (Think celebration). Last year this was delayed due to a last stage that got snowed out because workers could not get to their positions, someone said it was a Forester, but who knows.

Either way the day ends in a worker’s party at the Eagles lodge with free food and beer and the drivers that finish the race, wrecked out team tend to go home early.

They hand out the awards, hopefully this will be Ken Block’s 5th win making him all time champ of the woods! This is when we snuck some auto graphs.

Back to Rolla, sleep it off.

Sunday Morning drive back to KC.

rx555
11-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Keep in mind that what you did last year won't be the same this year. We use most of the same roads every year, but in different directions/configurations and in a different order. Service will be in a different town this year on Friday and meet up spots will be different, as will the grouping of stages that your work.
See you in a couple months.

WRXNFX
11-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Keep in mind that what you did last year won't be the same this year. We use most of the same roads every year, but in different directions/configurations and in a different order. Service will be in a different town this year on Friday and meet up spots will be different, as will the grouping of stages that your work.
See you in a couple months.

Sure Curt, I get that, hence the but shell , :)

It will be 1 stage Friday 2 Sat etc.. Let us know as you figure stuff out!! :D

WRXNFX
12-15-2009, 07:07 AM
From the meet thread.

Just an update. Dates are 2/26-27 and we're the second round of only six this year of the Rally-America national series. We're starting in Steelville on Friday and Salem on Sat. and will once again be running the Super Special stage at the Potosi Lions Park, but two times this year.

We always need tons of volunteers to pull this off, so I hope you'll consider coming down for either or both days. HAM operators and medical personnel are always the hardest to get enough of, so if you know of anybody like that, please let em know we need them. If you'll need a motel, will need to get that soon as they always fill up quick. All of the area motels are listed at http://www.100aw.org and volunteer registration is open on the website as well (under the worker tab). If you aren't able to volunteer, at least try to make it down to spectate as it's your only chance to see this kind of thing without traveling more than ten hours. Do note that the current schedule listed is last years, but will be similar.

If anybody has any questions, post em here or feel free to email/pm me. I'm still the volunteer coordinator.

WRXNFX
12-31-2009, 01:46 PM
I got a PM from a guy we worked with last year, he said his roomates agreed for $30 each 2 guys could stay with them. That is a pretty cheap weekend really. :)

rx555
01-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey, Happy New Year. I got a couple things to ask. Not sure when you're coming down, but if around on Thursday, we can use some help bannering the stages. What that entails, is you will meet up at a certain time/place and head out and drive a bunch of the stages and stop at all the side trails and roads to tie up yellow banner tape. You get to get your car dirty before anybody else and see and drive some of the stages.

Also, if you're gonna be around early Friday, we will need some help manning the practice stage. It goes from 8-10:30am on Friday. There's no timing done, just have to sit at the start and finish and 1-2 spots along the course to keep the stage running safely. The top guys will also have a mini service area set up at the start to make changes between runs. Will need a few HAMs for this as well.

PM or email me if you're interested and I can give you more details.

WRXNFX
01-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Many of us will be getting into town around 4'ish. Dunno if that is enough time to banner.

Working the practice stage sounds cool. So practice and then off to work another stage?

I plan to send you the list so far Monday.

WRXNFX
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Bump

rx555
01-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Just a couple of updates. Racing starts on Friday around 3:30 from Steelville City Park parc expose. They will service once there as well. There's five stages on Friday til about 9:30pm
Then Saturday starts at 10am from downtown Salem and the two service breaks are in Viburnum at the High School.

Volunteer registration is at the Salem Fire House right in town on Thursday, from 4-8pm. Then it's at the Salem, MO Holiday Inn Express meeting room Friday from 9-noon and again on Saturday from 6:30-8am. You can sign up online to save some time when you come to reg.

As Lee mentioned in another thread, we might need some help with bannering Friday morning or you could work the practice stage if you all feel like getting up early.

WRXNFX
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
NSOC member found MContes video and made this..

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_j6iQgFP1Vp4/S3W47oswgEI/AAAAAAAAFZk/Rrmh_1Zmit4/s800/jeff.gif

TunedAlready02
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
LOL :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

NEW AVATAR!!!!!

MConte05
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Expect to see my car on stage 1 about an hour before the cars come through. I have a media pass this year and plan on getting down to Ollie's jumps. Wave to me if ya notice! I'll try to honk. :wink:

WRXNFX
02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Expect to see my car on stage 1 about an hour before the cars come through. I have a media pass this year and plan on getting down to Ollie's jumps. Wave to me if ya notice! I'll try to honk. :wink:

You got to do a vid of the Suby crew... :)

MConte05
02-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm sure my other photographer friend will be videotaping as we go down the stage. So definitely wave for your chance to be in the video. :P

bigboy
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_j6iQgFP1Vp4/S3W47oswgEI/AAAAAAAAFZk/Rrmh_1Zmit4/s800/jeff.gif

LMAO...Nice Jeff

WRXNFX
02-22-2010, 03:27 PM

LMAO...Nice Jeff

I think that was me explaining your crash on the S2000 Cruise. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigboy
02-22-2010, 03:51 PM
nah not possible...i didnt crash till after the rally :lol:

ElScooby
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM

This is truly fantastic!