PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on all season tires for 2015 WRX.

Ryan
08-18-2014, 11:00 PM
My wife just bought a 2015 WRX. She would like to sell the summer Dunlops that come standard on the car and get some all season tires. We need suggestions for performance oriented all season tires. In the event of a significant snow or ice storm, she will not be out in it for all intents and purposes. Thank you for any help.

Justin 05 Sti
09-23-2014, 09:55 AM
I am happy with the Kumho Ecsta ASX.

zoomzoomaz
09-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. A week after getting my car, I hit a dusting of snow and slid all over with stock summers, so I decided to get the Pilots. I have been really impressed. When they were still fairly new, I had to drive through about 7-8" of untouched snow and it had no problem whatsoever. Even with tread getting pretty low this last winter, I still had great traction. Great tires.

jordan0day
09-29-2014, 08:54 PM
I put a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on last year and was completely satisfied with them. Didn't have any issues at all last winter.

rjnolen
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
+1 for conti extreme contact dws

had 'em on my wrx and they did everything i asked of them. I autocrossed on them, drove through over a foot of snow, took them out to colorado twice. they are a tad soft for autocross but amazing for crap weather.

planning on a set for my legacy next year and a set for the wifes outback this winter.

WRXNFX
09-30-2014, 07:39 PM
I would suggest a second set of rims and snow tires. Run the sporties in the warm, switch to snow in the winter. It is the safest and most fun. The advice above is good for a single set. :)