PDA

View Full Version : Bought some new All Season Pirelli P7 Tires!

DWCook
01-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Well I bought some new all season tires for the Legacy as my current ones got jacked by some ugly pot holes. These pot holes were bad enough that it took out a brand new Toyota full size SUV. Bought a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus (Grand Touring) tires. To make a long story short about the ugly pot holes, 11 vehicles including mine were killed by these pot holes on the road that police and DOT Emergency crews had to come out. This was within over an hour that all of us got jacked by these pot holes. It was dark and the road was hard to see as it was raining, the deep pot holes were filled with water which made impossible to see them even from up close. I am lucky my actual wheel didn't get warped or damage from the hit as the brand new Toyota SUV had his front wheel cracked from the impact a long with both his tires side walls busted out.

205/50/17
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

$128x4 w/ $189 in shipping cost here to Alaska.

Total cost $701 out the door.

dukenukem
01-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Shouldn't you be using winter tires in the Alaskan winter?

Let us know how they ride and road noise and stuff after a couple thousand miles.

DWCook
01-23-2014, 06:42 AM
As long as you have a good set of all season tires there is no need for winter specific. They clear the roads fast up here, awd plus good all seasons makes it easy. But I was seeing if anyone has any negative opinions on my tire selection. They had the highest rating in the top three with all 9+ ratings with ice rating an 8.6 . Figure this brand is also a good brand to trust. I looked at continental, but these were higher rating wise with the categories . Plus only 128 per tire is pretty good pricing.