PDA

View Full Version : 100AW November meet

DanC
10-12-2009, 04:43 PM
When: Monday the 16th of November, starting between 7:30ish and 8:00 pm.

Where: Buffalo Wild Wings of Raytown

The address on BWW's website: 9490 East Highway 350
The address that looks right on Google maps: 9630 E. Hwy 350

map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=9630+mo+350+raytown+mo.+64133&sll=38.99471,-94.473418&sspn=0.008155,0.013754&g=9630+350+raytown+mo.+64133&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=9630+Missouri+350,+Raytown,+Jackson,+Missour i+64133&ll=38.993756,-94.469676&spn=0.008155,0.013754&t=h&z=16)

If you're going east on 350 turn into the parking lot at the light between the QT (on your right) and the Applebee's on your left. The BWW will be on your right down by the Valvoline oil change place.

So far we have:

DanC
WRXNFX
TTShark
ElScooby (probably)
Greg (probably)
rookrex
legacychick
crispy
compro

wrx_bro
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Still waiting to hear word if Im going to Italy...wife and I have decided if we stay in the area, we will be attending this coming year. My daugther is obsessed with Subaru, Block and Pastrana. She wants to watch them rally, this wil probably be the closest event to attend.

WRXNFX
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I am not in town Sat/Sun as a rule, Could be for this I guess. :)

I would lean towards Sunday.

The 26th is Thanksgiving, so 23 and 30th probably not so good.

The 15th?

DanC
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Actually, any evening but Wednesday night is okay with me. I'd probably get in trouble if I ditched the family gathering on Thanksgiving so that day is out too. :P

The week of Nov. 16th - how does that sound?

zero7starz
10-13-2009, 03:01 PM
What is the 100 Acre Woods anyways?

compro
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM

insta-banned

rookrex
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM

+1 :D

DanC
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM

From http://www.100aw.org

The 2009 "Rally in the 100 Acre Wood" serves as the second event on the Rally-America national championship calendar. Champions from coast to coast will come to race head-to-head in the foothills of the Ozarks to crown winners in all five performance rally classes.

Here is a in-car video linked from that web site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MrSwQZtqhg

There were about 8 of us working as course marshals &/or timing at the last one. Since I was a course marshal I'll say that it involves a lot of standing around, either in Salem or out in the woods, waiting for something to happen - and then the cars start flying by and the fun begins. :D

We will almost certainly have a KCSubaru caravan to Rolla (and then Salem) on the Thursday before it starts with a stop for BBQ along the way. So far the plan is to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & commute to Salem each morning. After the rally ends on Saturday we go to the awards ceremony / worker party because it is a blast.

If you can make it to the "planning" meeting you'll get to hear the stories about driving between spectator areas, pulling competitors out of snow drifts at the party, etc.

TunedAlready02
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM

insta-banned

LOL this one made me laugh :lol:

WRXNFX
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Actually, any evening but Wednesday night is okay with me. I'd probably get in trouble if I ditched the family gathering on Thanksgiving so that day is out too. :P

I am confused.. :lol:

On my calender November 15th is the Sunday before the 16th, so that is a yes?

The next Wednesday the 15th is Sept 2010, then Dec...

DanC
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM

engineers can be so easily flummoxed. :P

It means I'm open to getting together on a weeknight, and suggested that we pick a non-Wednesday during the week of the 16th. That way you can attend without cutting into your time at home.

WRXNFX
10-13-2009, 06:55 PM

engineers can be so easily flummoxed. :P

It means I'm open to getting together on a weeknight, and suggested that we pick a non-Wednesday during the week of the 16th. That way you can attend without cutting into your time at home.

Give yourself some credit, I do not think that is clear from the posts. :lol:

Mon, Tuesday then. Either is fine for me. I can be in Raytown around 7:30, but don't start late for me. :D

ElScooby
10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
I will be there. Looking forward to this next rally.

zero7starz
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM

insta-banned

I've only been here for a few months (actively anyways) and its the first time I've heard it come up :|

I'd like to go to hear the stories :albino:

compro
10-13-2009, 11:42 PM

insta-banned

I've only been here for a few months (actively anyways) and its the first time I've heard it come up :|

its nothing special really just some people who get together for a drive in the country.

DanC
10-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok, let's plan for Monday the 16th then, starting between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.

The address on BWW's website: 9490 East Highway 350
The address that looks right on Google maps: 9630 E. Hwy 350

map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=9630+mo+350+raytown+mo.+64133&sll=38.99471,-94.473418&sspn=0.008155,0.013754&g=9630+350+raytown+mo.+64133&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=9630+Missouri+350,+Raytown,+Jackson,+Missour i+64133&ll=38.993756,-94.469676&spn=0.008155,0.013754&t=h&z=16)

If you're going east on 350 turn into the parking lot at the light between the QT (on your right) and the Applebee's on your left. The BWW will be on your right down by the Valvoline oil change place.

WRXNFX
10-15-2009, 11:05 PM

I worked start the first year, finish last year (my second)

I got to work the flying finish 1 of 3 stages.

So I am taking pics of the cars at the finish.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/DSC_0036-2.jpg

Then got showered in gravel!! :D
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/DSC_0025spray.jpg

ElScooby
10-16-2009, 07:24 AM
its nothing special really just some people who get together for a drive in the country.

Sure just some simple basic driving, pulling pro racers minivans out of snow drifts, someone driving on dirt/gravel roads like their being chased by gun fire, heating the brakes rotors up to over 700 degrees and smelling up a national forest, eating some amazing pizza with sauce as hot a volcanic rock, an awesome yellow bugeye with a hood vent left open in a torrential downpoor, wearing worker gear and having free rein of the rally courses, being there for the race cars tech inspections at a cool firehouse, doing doughnuts in 10 inches of snow a parking lot barely big enough for about 4 cars, driving some of the most amazing curvy roads with the most beautiful scenery, hanging out with the pro rally racers, drinking, eating, and shooting the breeze. Yep, nothing special, :lol: :wink:

Oh, and all of this with no accidents or tickets! Who said God doesn't love Subaru drivers!

DanC
10-16-2009, 08:58 AM

Sure just some simple basic driving, pulling pro racers minivans out of snow drifts, someone driving on dirt/gravel roads like their being chased by gun fire, heating the brakes rotors up to over 700 degrees and smelling up a national forest, eating some amazing pizza with sauce as hot a volcanic rock, an awesome yellow bugeye with a hood vent left open in a torrential downpoor, wearing worker gear and having free rein of the rally courses, being there for the race cars tech inspections at a cool firehouse, doing doughnuts in 10 inches of snow a parking lot barely big enough for about 4 cars, driving some of the most amazing curvy roads with the most beautiful scenery, hanging out with the pro rally racers, drinking, eating, and shooting the breeze. Yep, nothing special, :lol: :wink:

Oh, and all of this with no accidents or tickets! Who said God doesn't love Subaru drivers!

You've summed it up nicely. :)

scooby_rex
10-16-2009, 09:19 AM

You've summed it up nicely. :)

quote of the week, "Who said God doesn't love Subaru drivers!"

legacychick
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll try to make it out, if I remember. :P

WRXNFX
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM

i thing you an 07stars should should pair up, roomies, codrive and working partners!!

John you forgot, after the donuts, mashingit onto the road, saving it 3 times before barely missing an on coming Jeep. :lol:

Oh and running with two rally cars the night before the race up the highway!! :)

ElScooby
10-16-2009, 12:38 PM

i thing you an 07stars should should pair up, roomies, codrive and working partners!!

John you forgot, after the donuts, mashingit onto the road, saving it 3 times before barely missing an on coming Jeep. :lol:

Oh and running with two rally cars the night before the race up the highway!! :)

Lol, I did forget about that almost jeep accident!

WRXNFX
10-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Lol, I did forget about that almost jeep accident!

I bet they have not!! :)

DanC
10-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't forget all the people Compro passed on the hill while we were chasing the rally cars back to Rolla. They probably talked about that for days (if they're anything like my parents).

I'll have to get that uppipe/downpipe install & tune done before the next one if I'm going to keep up with y'all.

compro
10-16-2009, 11:03 PM
i am planning to go again next year!!!

i had pipe dreams of being the only dummy who drives down and enters the rally to compete in his DD.

but that is beyond my means.

i will gladly work start again. i loved the open course.

it was seriously my favorite birthday ever. (i turned 22 the day 1 of the race)

WRXNFX
10-16-2009, 11:12 PM
here is the video the guy working with me made.

I might be in it.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKrt04UFu4

TunedAlready02
10-16-2009, 11:16 PM

error 404, no link to be found :?

Just4fuN
10-16-2009, 11:39 PM
error 404, no link to be found :?

You fail the interwebz. Link works fine for me. I've already seen the video though. :(

WRXNFX
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
That is a negitive ghost rider, it works for me.

Including the direct link on Youtube.

TunedAlready02
10-16-2009, 11:59 PM
there was no link at all

my comment was posted at 11:16 and he edited at 11:22

WRXNFX
10-17-2009, 12:04 AM
there was no link at all

for like 30 seconds.. LOL

TunedAlready02
10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
there was no link at all

for like 30 seconds.. LOL

nice video, very well put together,i hadnt seen it before. hopefully i can make it to this years rally.

rookrex
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Wow, watching that really makes me mad that I couldn't make it out last year.

Very good video though, can't wait to see it LIVE :twisted:

bigboy
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
probably not goin...if ken block signs on with WRC..

Just4fuN
10-20-2009, 04:26 AM

Truth. I'd still go, but I'll be kicking myself for waiting a year too long if he's not there this year.

Hydrolix
10-20-2009, 10:47 AM
I thought subaru was out of WRC. What's block going to drive?

Just4fuN
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought subaru was out of WRC. What's block going to drive?

There are rumors of him signing with Ford in the WRC. Check the Ken Block sticky thread:

http://kcsubaru.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18019&start=0

theTTshark
10-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Alright, we need a KC Subaru Rally Car. I'm sick of watching all these action sports athletes get a free pass into rallying because they simply can. haha Travis Pastrana I'll let past because he's just crazy, but come on even a freestyle skier is doing it now. Somebody find us a cheap WRX to fix up, and we'll get it up to tip-top shape. :D

If you doubt my ability to left foot brake, check out the Buick vids. lolz

More importantly, who wants to be navigator?

Thank you
Goodnight
Trent

PS: I'm only kidding for none of this.

Just4fuN
10-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Alright, we need a KC Subaru Rally Car. I'm sick of watching all these action sports athletes get a free pass into rallying because they simply can. haha Travis Pastrana I'll let past because he's just crazy, but come on even a freestyle skier is doing it now. Somebody find us a cheap WRX to fix up, and we'll get it up to tip-top shape. :D

Thank you
Goodnight
Trent

I used to know someone with a pretty fast WRX with some rear end damage that was just sitting in a garage for a few months. :roll:

WRXNFX
10-21-2009, 01:05 PM

Thank you
Goodnight
Trent

I used to know someone with a pretty fast WRX with some rear end damage that was just sitting in a garage for a few months. :roll:

Yep here it comes. I sit on a wreck for 7 months, get rid of it, now everyone had all these great plans they didnl't execute.

:lol: edited today for my jammed up quotes.. :lol:

theTTshark
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
hahahaha whoopsies

WRXNFX
10-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Emailed Curt today:

Hopefully you remember me. Last year was my second year working and I brought 6 or so Subaru guys from KC.

I see the website has the new dates in the heading but most of the content is still last year’s data.

I am expecting 10+ folks with interest in working from KC, and I may get a few from Omaha where I know live.

When should I instruct people to email you to sign up?

Do you think (I know it is a long way out) there will be another all Subaru Crew?

Hopefully I am not way to early, but there is a lot of interest in KC. We plan on having a meet just to discuss this event next month.

Talk to you soon and see you in the woods.

He replied:

Never too early, I guess, although won't have a worker sign up online for another month or so. So tell your friends not to sign up online just yet as it would most likely get lost. We have a meeting on Thurs., so I'll talk to the webmasters about setting up the new form.

I definitely want to do an all Subie worker crew again. Between KC and StL, should have more than enough for all jobs. Tribeca Sweep trucks? Yeah, probably not :)

So, looks like we are on, do not sign up yet. :D

DanC
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Excellent!

Now all I have to do is get off my lazy backside and reattach that mudflap. :)

WRXNFX
10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Excellent!

I put on a set a couple weeks back.. 8)

theTTshark
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Hah. Right there with you!

ElScooby
10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Excellent!

I put on a set a couple weeks back.. 8)

I need to pick up a set soon.

Will the spending never end??? :lol:

Just4fuN
10-27-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm not big on the look of mudflaps, but I may pick some up specifically for this event if I'm able to arrange things to attend. I've heard some stories of glorious gravel fun... and rash.

WRXNFX
10-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm not big on the look of mudflaps, but I may pick some up specifically for this event if I'm able to arrange things to attend. I've heard some stories of glorious gravel fun... and rash.

It is true that many things that are fun, also give you a rash.. :lol:

ElScooby
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM

It is true that many things that are fun, also give you a rash.. :lol:

That is true, and if your not careful those things might give you the gonnasifaherpellees too! Lol. That's the phonetic spelling for ease of pronunciation.

gerwulf
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
We will be having a small convoy from Springfield heading up there, this was from last year....
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc323/gerwulfaseir/mark085.jpg

WRXNFX
10-28-2009, 07:27 AM
We will be having a small convoy from Springfield heading up there, this was from last year....

Did you work or just watch. 8)

scooby2.5
10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I can't wait, it was a lotta fun. I dont think rally flaps would look to cool on an outback sooo ill probably drive down but would want to ride shotgun out on the trail if you dont mind

DanC
10-30-2009, 05:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKrt04UFu4

You mean the three stooges at 1:29? lol

Here's another one I found (watch it in HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySmUIyhU3E&NR=1

WRXNFX
10-30-2009, 05:09 PM
HD = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySmUIyhU3E&NR=1&fmt=18

Yes, 08, I was there, by my self, more or less.

I worked starts.. I marshalled that u turn after working Friday. it was so sweet.

The drive down sucked, i was sick the night before.

It sleet,snow,rained over night.

On the drive down I detroyed a wiper blade, yes the drivers side one. :D

The first stage of the second day was late to get hot soe Ken and his co-driver got out of the car and we got to chit chat. Pretty sweet....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/DSCN1283crp.jpg

DanC
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Two weeks out - who else is planning on being there?

DanC
WRXNFX
ElScooby

theTTshark
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm down.

WRXNFX
11-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Two weeks out - who else is planning on being there?

DanC
WRXNFX
ElScooby

Dan, can you edit the first post with date, time location, role call?

That way me and anyone tripping accross it has a easy reference point?

I am there!!

Crispy
11-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hoping to make it to this, but just found out last night a buddy of mine may be coming into town that week, so I'll have to wait until it gets closer to know for sure.

rookrex
11-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Count me in! :D

rallyxPOS13
11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Neat, I've been marshaling the rally since 2004 in my old 240SX. I'd be up for the all Subaru stage crew now that I've got the WRX. I won't be able to make the meet this month, but let me know some of the details.

I've got my pictures from 2008 and 2009 up on Picasa, my pic host for the older albums was killed by Sony.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rallyxPOS13/RallyAmerica100AcreWood2008

http://picasaweb.google.com/rallyxPOS13/RallyAmerica100AcreWood2009

I've got a line on a set of 15" wheels that'll fit over my brakes (I hope) and just purchased my skidplate material last weekend for $5!

Haven't been around here long enough to read people.... but I hope you're joking. The rally is about much more than the few people who throw ludicrous amounts of money at their car.

-Matt

bigboy
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
im joking a little bit.....im no longer in the Kc area so i dont know if i will make it..lol

so my excuse was that if block is not there..i will not be there...

scooby2.5
11-06-2009, 11:13 PM
When: Monday the 16th then, starting between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.

Dan is that date November???? :?:

DanC
11-06-2009, 11:26 PM
When: Monday the 16th then, starting between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.

Dan is that date November???? :?:

Yes, it sure is.

scooby2.5
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
OK see ya there

legacychick
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I should be able to make it.

Jeff, I need to buy a sticker from you too, so bring em if you got em!

WRXNFX
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I should be able to make it.

Jeff, I need to buy a sticker from you too, so bring em if you got em!

They will be there.

compro
11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
i should be good to go

Crispy
11-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Other plans were moved back a week so I'm in for the meeting.

paul_charles
11-11-2009, 10:24 PM
maybe...

kcscoob
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Got room for another? I have been wanting to go for the last 4 years now but never found anyone else interested.

DanC
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Sure, we can handle one more.

WRXNFX
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Alright tonight is the kick off, see all of you there!

I am getting late start on my week after being sick all day yesterday into this morning, but I am feeling great, should push off here soon, down to KC, maybe a nap then on to the meet!!

Anyone looking for something Subaru to do come on down. We will surely be telling rally storys, light planning for next years 100AW.

compro
11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
im scooby-less but i should make it

kcscoob
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I forget my wife was out of town tonight, and am with the chillens. Will there be another meeting or two before the actual rally?

compro
11-16-2009, 10:45 PM
lots of fun, anyone who didnt make it is a pooosey

Crispy
11-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Definitely a good time, and great to meet some more of the faces behind the posts.

WRXNFX
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Good meet, it wasn't any kind of a formal lock in. Still a totally open event even if you do not go with us (although that would be crazy)

I have emailed Curt asking if he is ready for us to sign up, I will let everyone know.

rookrex
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Dang it! I totally spaced this out.... :(

DanC
11-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm sure we'll have another meeting or two once the worker sign-up process gets going. That will be when we figure out who is going, carpooling arrangements, lodging, etc.

rx555
12-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Just an update. Dates are 2/26-27 and we're the second round of only six this year of the Rally-America national series. We're starting in Steelville on Friday and Salem on Sat. and will once again be running the Super Special stage at the Potosi Lions Park, but two times this year.

We always need tons of volunteers to pull this off, so I hope you'll consider coming down for either or both days. HAM operators and medical personnel are always the hardest to get enough of, so if you know of anybody like that, please let em know we need them. If you'll need a motel, will need to get that soon as they always fill up quick. All of the area motels are listed at www.100aw.org (http://www.100aw.org) and volunteer registration is open on the website as well (under the worker tab). If you aren't able to volunteer, at least try to make it down to spectate as it's your only chance to see this kind of thing without traveling more than ten hours. Do note that the current schedule listed is last years, but will be similar.

If anybody has any questions, post em here or feel free to email/pm me. I'm still the volunteer coordinator.

DanC
12-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey Curt, I'll mention this to a couple of nurses I know at KU Med. Will they need to bring anything special if they can make it?

rx555
12-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I don't really know, but if they're interested, I can forward their name to the person who sets that up. The meds don't usually end up doing much, just there in case.

vorpal rally
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Howdy folks,

Late to the party here. But if anyone would like to be part of my merry band of bannering tapers. We'll descend upon the course Thursday morning and pillage the poor trees with banner tape. It gives ya a chance to see the roads the competitors will see, albeit at a SAFE speed *ahem* Just let me know and thanks
Edit/Delete Message