PDA

View Full Version : Whats your driving record like?

VF34RX
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Tickets: 9 speeding tickets, no other violations
Highest speed over: 37 over in a 45
Amount spent: ~ $3000 total I wanted nothing on my record.
Court appearances: 2
Court Sentances/classes: I've had (3) alive at 25 4 hour classes, (2) Defensive driving 8 hour classes, 3 years unsupervised probation. First one was a 1 year with 20 hours community service. Second one was a 2 year. Which just ended not too long ago.

Time since last ticket: about 2 years and 3 months. :D I've cleaned up my act.

Just4fuN
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Tickets: 1 speeding, 1 seatbelt violation
Highest speed over: 35 over in a 55 (received a warning; ticket was for 14 over in a 35)
Amount spent: ~ $360
Court appearances: 0
Court Sentances/classes: 0

Time since last ticket: about 5 years for the speeding ticket; 2 years for the seatbelt violation

I've been pulled over around 9 times, including three times in one week, but received a warning all but twice. The seatbelt violation I was ticketed for was actually for running a red light, but the officer reduced it to a seatbelt violation so that it would just be a $10 non-moving violation, which doesn't go on your record.

Hydrolix
10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
My driving record is totally clean. There is nothing on it. That said I've been pulled over more times that I can remember.

Just4fuN
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
My driving record is totally clean. There is nothing on it. That said I've been pulled over more times that I can remember.

Yeah, the title of the thread is a little misleading. My record is completely clean, too, officially.

VF34RX
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Yeah, the title of the thread is a little misleading. My record is completely clean, too, officially.

So is mine "technically"

TunedAlready02
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
i have 1 seatbelt violation, and 1 accident with no citation.

that is all.

newtothegame
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Wow, do I break it down by car for my speeding tickets, or just lump them together. All together I have 14 speeding tickets in the past 8 years (I only have gotten tickets since being in the army), only on my record is of course my last one that I recieved last year the day after I got back from my deployment in my subie, 15 over in a school zone. Highest was 49 in a 25 though. Had to attend several different classes, all through the army program as the ticket was on post. No accidents on my record, the girlfriend has one for hitting a cop in her old altima.

Obsidian06
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Tickets: 5 speeding tickets, 1 ticket for racing
Highest speed over: 86mph in a 45
Amount spent: ~ $1500,
Court appearances: 3, including one to ask the judge to allow me more time to pay for the ticket. Hey, when you are 17 and get a $400 ticket for almost doubling the speed limit, it takes time to pay.
Court Sentences/classes: N/A

LeggyGT-Rs
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmmm

6 Tickets for speeding total, 3 have been on the record; which are now off; 3 taken care of by our own Ninja Lawyer.
HIghest spent about $ 700 including bail. 30 over in a 30, which in Lees Summit takes you to jail. I was locked up for over a whole hour!

I had a different lawyer take care of that.

Clean for over two years; all those tickets, and never even a turbo! ha, fancy that!

redwrxhead
10-06-2009, 10:49 PM
squeeky clean :D

but from what i can remember right now
about 10 tickets
highest speeds: 95 in a 25 and 98 in a 65
i cant remember everything
my friend did call the police chief of kansas city a jack ass after he got pulled over for being an idiot one day tho. really funny story and he is an awesome guy (the cheif)

ElScooby
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
10 years ago on 470 heading back from a bar with a group of friends, and the only one not drinking btw. 110 in a 65 and that was after I was braking hard. Didn't turn out well. And I in no way drive like that any more

Speed_Freak27
10-07-2009, 02:58 AM
It would take me way to long to even try to remember all of mine. I had 3 in two days before. Highest I got hit for was 99 in a 50. The second was 72 in a 30 and I should have gone to jail a few other times but radar wasn't involved thank god.

In total I've been to court probably 30 times and probably paid close to 10k. No classes and one diversion for 3 months due to a bs ticket in LV and a lawyer who didn't do his job.

scooby_rex
10-07-2009, 06:33 AM
15 over in a school zone

please for the love of god DO NOT SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES

there is NO reason whatsoever that would ever justify that

on a side note, I think I may have one ticket still on my record, 77 in a 65 because I was passing a semi on a two-lane highway

but yeah been pulled over more times than I can remember, thank god for a certain ninja lawyer though ;)

newtothegame
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
15 over in a school zone

please for the love of god DO NOT SPEED IN SCHOOL ZONES

there is NO reason whatsoever that would ever justify that

on a side note, I think I may have one ticket still on my record, 77 in a 65 because I was passing a semi on a two-lane highway

but yeah been pulled over more times than I can remember, thank god for a certain ninja lawyer though ;)

I was in nuetral caosting down a rather large hill thats not even close to the school, but is still considered a school zone. And school wasnt even in yet, just the teachers there. And I dont speed in school zones (normally, excpet for that instance). Its no excuse, but like I said it was 15 months since I had driven in the area and forgot about that stupid spot.

Just4fuN
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
my friend did call the police chief of kansas city a jack ass after he got pulled over for being an idiot one day tho. really funny story and he is an awesome guy (the cheif)

Was this the former chief (Easley) or the current one (Corwin)?

The Easley family are old family friends. I don't know about Corwin, but Rick Easley is a cool dude. 8)

redwrxhead
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Was this the former chief (Easley) or the current one (Corwin)?

The Easley family are old family friends. I don't know about Corwin, but Rick Easley is a cool dude. 8)

who ever was the chief during the snake saturday parade 2 years ago.

zero7starz
10-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I've had 4 tickets.
2 speeding, 1 stop sign violation, 1 improper turn (BS!!)
Time since last ticket 1 year and 2 months...
Needless to say I spent over a year in jeopardy of being in danger of having my license suspended.
Spent about $300 per ticket.

ShagginWagon
10-07-2009, 11:59 PM
tickets: 2 or 3 for speeding, 1 for inattentive driving*, 1 for failure to yield to a stopped schoolbus**, 1 for having blue windshield washer nozzle lights***, 1 for not having a muffler
highest speed over: 80ish in a 65
amount spent: more than i would've like to spend...double the amt of every moving violation to keep my record clean
court appearances: 1 for my first ticket to get on diversion
court sentences: 6 months diversion

*this was from my 1st accident....hit a car while trying to turn right @ a blind corner
**4 lane road (2 ea way) schoolbus was on the far opposite lane, nothing on my right except for a bunch of grass...i didn't know what to do so I crept by @ 10mph after the car in front of me kept going
***bought my 2nd car from a dealership with these on it, got pulled over 2 days after driving it off the lot...dealership took care of the ticket :)

so far no speeding tickets in the suby, gotta thank the passport 8500 for that lol

Just4fuN
10-08-2009, 04:29 AM
who ever was the chief during the snake saturday parade 2 years ago.

Hmm... If it was only two years ago, I think Chief Easley had already retired.