PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Drive in the Country - October 18th

Honad
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
For those of you that have attended one of these before, you can explain in a little more detail to those that have not what they should expect. The short of it is; you'll be provided a map (navigator recommended) with directions for a Sunday drive in the country.

We'll be starting in the same location that we have started at before, and finishing in a TBD location (I'm trying to lock down a room for us) for food (not provided or paid for) and certainly good stories about past cruises and of course, this one.

More details to follow. I wanted to get the feelers out so that people can plan. As always discretion is appreciated when inviting others. I will take care of the usual suspects.

WRXNFX
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I may have to figure out a way to be in town for this.

Guys these are a blast. Some of you helped me with the S2K cruise, this is where I got that.

Lots of fun.

Make sure you know your car, weight transfer, braking in a straight line, correct tire pressures etc.

You need to be on your toes.

timsti
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I have not made it to these before, but intend to make this one.

page2334
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
:twisted: i'll be there

bizzelstiharris
10-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I may have to figure out a way to be in town for this.

Guys these are a blast. Some of you helped me with the S2K cruise, this is where I got that.

Lots of fun.

Make sure you know your car, weight transfer, braking in a straight line, correct tire pressures etc.

You need to be on your toes.

:rr: Bikes included, had one wipe out in front of me last year.

These are fun. If Angle goes he'll bring the eye candy 2. 8) Don't think i'll be bringing the Tahoe though :cry: :rr:

Justin 05 Sti
10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Keep an eye out for cop cars. And helicopters...

Just4fuN
10-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Whether or not I make this will depend on my work schedule and whether or not I've gotten new brakes put on the car before this.

rookrex
10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I hopefully can make this...depends on if I get the house painted in time.

What is this? It sounds semi mischevious... :twisted:

WRXNFX
10-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I hopefully can make this...depends on if I get the house painted in time.

What is this? It sounds semi mischevious... :twisted:

8)

Fran
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
That's my birfday, would like to attend. I am selling the M, not sure if I will still have it then. These are a blast though.

Honad
10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
WHEN: Sunday, October 18th. Driver's meeting & Directions @ 10:00am departure approx 10:30am. Cruise will last approximately 2-3 hours and end at somewhere we can eat lunch.

WHERE: Meeting at Red Robin (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=18810+US+40&sll=39.030719,-94.354191&sspn=0.012135,0.018153&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=18810+US-40,+Independence,+Jackson,+Missouri+64055&ll=39.037786,-94.358397&spn=0.012133,0.018153&z=15&iwloc=A) parking lot.
18810 US 40
Independence, MO 64055
(Click Above for Map)

WHO: Local NSX, MR2, S2000, RX-7, 300ZX, BMW and Elise clubs have been invited. Everyone be sure to bring your two way radios!!

WHAT: A spirited drive in the country. Come out, and have some controlled fun on the street. (By Controlled, I mean self-regulated! :D)

PLEASE: If you plan on coming, we would like to get a fairly accurate head count so we can determine how many copies of directions to print up, and approximately how many people will be having lunch, just in case the restaurant needs that info. Please PM me if you plan on attending.

WRXNFX
10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
WHO: Local NSX, MR2, S2000, RX-7, 300ZX, BMW and Elise clubs have been invited.

You should totally invite a WRX club. :P

Just4fuN
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
WHO: Local NSX, MR2, S2000, RX-7, 300ZX, BMW and Elise clubs have been invited.

You should totally invite a WRX club. :P

Yeah, can we come? :lol:

zero7starz
10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
If someone needs a navigaitor let me know. I wanna go but I had a hard enough time keepin up in an auto I don't think I'm ready lol.

SubyRS21
10-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah sounds like fun, Count me in. Im pretty sure I can make it as of now.

Just4fuN
10-08-2009, 04:40 AM
If someone needs a navigaitor let me know. I wanna go but I had a hard enough time keepin up in an auto I don't think I'm ready lol.

If you wanna have your mind blown, and you don't mind crapping yourself, you should try and land a shotgun ride with Page. :lol:

Jeff has talked up this meet since the night I met him. Unfortunately if I can't get new brakes on the car before then, there's no way I can drive this "spiritedly". Other downfall is that it sounds like I'm going to be off the wider, lower profile, summer rubber before this meet. Good thing I roll with some pretty grippy all-seasons in the winter. :mrgreen:

TAILWAG
10-08-2009, 05:52 AM
These are always fun... 8)

zero7starz
10-08-2009, 12:22 PM

If you wanna have your mind blown, and you don't mind crapping yourself, you should try and land a shotgun ride with Page. :lol:

I would be so down for that LOL. So heeey Page you lookin for a navigator :lol: ?

WRXNFX
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM

I would be so down for that LOL. So heeey Page you lookin for a navigator :lol: ?

Uh oh, I smell a love connection!

:D

Don't fall for his warning stickers!! ;)

Really though Page is a good dude and a great driver.

Lunger
10-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Was lucky to survive the first one I did. It was then I discovered Jeff was insane :twisted: . I'm gonna stick to the conservation meet. :| Nothing life threatening and zero chance for a big speeding ticket.

paper_tiger
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
This is something I want to do but being On-Call might make this rather difficult to attend. :x

fishawrx
10-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be out of town :angryfire:

WRXNFX
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Was lucky to survive the first one I did. It was then I discovered Jeff was insane :twisted: . I'm gonna stick to the conservation meet. :| Nothing life threatening and zero chance for a big speeding ticket.

This is the cruise I learned Patrick is like 40 years older than he looks. :lol:

Dude you were so scared when we got to QT.. :lol: :lol:

White as a ghost, he was like "Whaaa whhaatt hhhuuuu" We had witness Angel open smurfet up a little, and it stunned me a little too. 8)

NachO_SRT
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
So, clue me in with some details. I'll lay it out. I've got plenty I could be doing on that weekend, but, this sounds like a blast.

MOAR DE-TAIL PLZ. THX BI

Patrick, you can ride in comfort with me if you would like. It never feels like your goin 1XX mph FYI....it's calm at speed. You can hardly hear the outside world, I'll keep some System of a Down low in the background cause it's good music to drive fast to. Surge has a siren like quality when your under the influence of Epinephrine.

NachO

LeggyGT-Rs
10-08-2009, 05:57 PM
So, clue me in with some details. I'll lay it out. I've got plenty I could be doing on that weekend, but, this sounds like a blast.

MOAR DE-TAIL PLZ. THX BI

Patrick, you can ride in comfort with me if you would like. It never feels like your goin 1XX mph FYI....it's calm at speed. You can hardly hear the outside world, I'll keep some System of a Down low in the background cause it's good music to drive fast to. Surge has a siren like quality when your under the influence of Epinephrine.

NachO

This is the kind of drive where you do not want music distracting you... Think HPT, on a two lane no shoulder, country road... for 60 miles...BLind turns, downhill sweepers, rabbits...

If my car was not a pos I would go, I had a blast in the MR2 3 years ago...

cubedweller
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Nothing life threatening and zero chance for a big speeding ticket.

Well put, and good idea.

zero7starz
10-08-2009, 08:22 PM
They're not meant to be life threatening, if you're scured get in with the slowER group. If I could survive last year, I'm fully sure you could. Best advised to bring a nav. so they can read you the directions if you fall back, and you'll be perfectly fine. Radar and a GPS doesn't hurt either.

Lunger
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM

This is the cruise I learned Patrick is like 40 years older than he looks. :lol:

White as a ghost, he was like "Whaaa whhaatt hhhuuuu" We had witness Angel open smurfet up a little, and it stunned me a little too. 8)

Since I lived, I was happy to have the experience in my life. How did I end up in the fast group though? My mistake. Angel was in the lead the whole way as I was in last and then all the sudden he passed me out of know where. I was like, WTF mate? How did that happen?

page2334
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Uh oh, I smell a love connection!

:D

Don't fall for his warning stickers!! ;)

Really though Page is a good dude and a great driver.

if i dont have a pretty girl shotgun your warm then welcome to join, odds of having a girl is pretty low :lol:

http://i5.scribdassets.com/profiles/images/cz6ciujg8ruiw-large.jpg

Just4fuN
10-09-2009, 07:11 PM
if i dont have a pretty girl shotgun your warm then welcome to join, odds of having a girl is pretty low :lol:

Page, you realize zero7stars is a girl, right? :lol:

page2334
10-09-2009, 07:19 PM

:oops: for reals? sweet! :lol:

TAILWAG
10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
You sir, got LAPPED...LOL :mrgreen:

Since I lived, I was happy to have the experience in my life. How did I end up in the fast group though? My mistake. Angel was in the lead the whole way as I was in last and then all the sudden he passed me out of know where. I was like, WTF mate? How did that happen?

Just4fuN
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM

:lol: You'll have to excuse her if she doesn't bring any nuts along for the ride.

The good news is that I picked up rotors today and have pads arriving in a few days, so I may be able to rush and get brakes on before this. I guess I'll also have to rush breaking them in! It's going to be a close call, but I may be able to get the car ready in time for this.

WRXNFX
10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Man, I led him down the wrong trail there.. Sorry page.

i meant the one about boost taking away your breath and remove under wear.

zero7starz
10-10-2009, 01:02 AM

Sos that a yes then? :lol: For real though, it'd probably help me a lot to see/watch someone really drive a subie. Been havin trouble makin that jump from daily driving one to sporting one.

page2334
10-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Sos that a yes then? :lol: For real though, it'd probably help me a lot to see/watch someone really drive a subie. Been havin trouble makin that jump from daily driving one to sporting one.

thats a yes dear, i'll show how much abuse a sti can take and share a few secerts but not all of mine :wink: but i'll all so care about your well bring at the same time, a saftey word will be given anytime you get nervous 8)

Just4fuN
10-10-2009, 06:32 AM
thats a yes dear, i'll show how much abuse a sti can take and share a few secerts but not all of mine :wink: but i'll all so care about your well bring at the same time, a saftey word will be given anytime you get nervous 8)

:lol: A safety word!

Is Page taking a protege under his wing???

WRXNFX
10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
zero7stars can hold her own a little. She Auto X's her Z pretty well..

She took the good advice to get a manual, she will pick this AWD stuff up pretty soon. :)

It is sort of the opposite of a Z, you get in a corner a little too hot, you stay on the gas to get the weight to transfer rear, you lift you plow. :)

Everyone should get a max camber ailignment too.

And sways,

And springs for WRX's,

Oh and endlinks,

and.... :lol:

zero7starz
10-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Yay :D It takes quite a bit to make me nervous in a car (unless its me driving...) so no worries there :) I'm pretty excited!!

:lol: A safety word!

Is Page taking a protege under his wing???

Totally should :P

zero7stars can hold her own a little. She Auto X's her Z pretty well..

She took the good advice to get a manual, she will pick this AWD stuff up pretty soon. :)

It is sort of the opposite of a Z, you get in a corner a little too hot, you stay on the gas to get the weight to transfer rear, you lift you plow. :)

Everyone should get a max camber ailignment too.

And sways,

And springs for WRX's,

Oh and endlinks,

and.... :lol:

I held my own pretty well last year... if we hadn't of gotten lost lmao. If I were more comfortable sporting a manual I would be totally driving. Or if it were an auto :? But I figured instead of limping along I'd try to pick up some pointers from some better drivers.

Honad
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I have no clue what the heck you guys are talking about. These, and all the ones we've ever put on, have only ever been nice little drama free 2/10ths drives through the country. ;)

zero7starz
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I have no clue what the heck you guys are talking about. These, and all the ones we've ever put on, have only ever been nice little drama free 2/10ths drives through the country. ;)

The speed limit group and the under the speed limit group, right honad?

Just4fuN
10-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Well... It sounds like I'm going to have Sunday off, so now here's my predicament:

My brakes can get a little... exciting in their current state. I have new pads and rotors ready to be installed. Jeff and I are planning to do the install on Sunday after this drive.

Here are my choices for the drive:
1. Risk this drive with a little extra braking excitement.
2. Park the WRX and co-drive with Jeff.
3. Push the brake install to Thursday (next day off), which would probably also mean paying LSS to do the install, then taking the WRX for the drive with less-than-broken-in brakes.

Decisions, decisions...

scooby_rex
10-13-2009, 06:45 AM
4. do it yourself, save your money and go and have fun!

rotors really arent that bad at all, especially if you know the special get the rotor off the hub trick (using a bolt to push it off) and then you can bed your pads before taking them out ;)

WRXNFX
10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
5. We install the Brakes Sat night?

Can you describe that your breaks are doing now? My guess is if they are hard to use, there are starting to distroy your caliper.

Just4fuN
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
5. We install the Brakes Sat night?

Can you describe that your breaks are doing now? My guess is if they are hard to use, there are starting to distroy your caliper.

The biggest thing is that the rotors are warped, so braking pressure is inconsistent. The scraping noise designed to let you know that the pads are done only happens sometimes, so I think there's still a little bit of pad left. The owner's manual says you don't have to change pads until the scraping becomes constant. :roll:

I'll let you know my work schedule and we'll see if Saturday night will work out. I have a feeling I'm going to be working.

Honad
10-16-2009, 10:32 AM
It's going to be brisk (high 50's) but the weather looks great for the festivities. Nice and sunny!

zero7starz
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Thats what I like to hear!!!

WRXNFX
10-16-2009, 07:39 PM
It's going to be brisk (high 50's) but the weather looks great for the festivities. Nice and sunny!

You going in 0 PSI or a TT?

It should be a great day for the boosting crowd.

I posted on the Z site too.

Man I am pumped..
:mrgreen:

SubyRS21
10-17-2009, 07:42 PM
So,

Can I bring the RS out and chill with the solwer group? :D I have to see this

zero7starz
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
So,

Can I bring the RS out and chill with the solwer group? :D I have to see this

I'm sure you could. Grab a Navigator to read you directions and you should have no problem, cuz even if you fall behind (or get lost, like I did last year) you still end up at the same place.

SubyRS21
10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah,

I got the GPS, but im in need of stuts pretty bad, so don't want to run it too hard. Ill get on it a bit though im sure :D

Grymm
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I want to see some pics of this, Bit to far of a drive for me to make it...but I definatly wanna see video/pics of some of this!! looks hella fun! GL every one and be safe and have fun.

TunedAlready02
10-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I want to see some pics of this, Bit to far of a drive for me to make it...but I definatly wanna see video/pics of some of this!! looks hella fun! GL every one and be safe and have fun.

Thats an invalid excuse. I made an 8 hour trip from Duluth, MN for a meet a while back, it was well worth it.

Grymm
10-18-2009, 12:02 AM

Thats an invalid excuse. I made an 8 hour trip from Duluth, MN for a meet a while back, it was well worth it.

me and a buddy drove to GA for a VW car thing last fall, its not the distance really, its the time I would have to wake up to leave :?

cseaman
10-18-2009, 03:00 AM
good luck this morning, everyone.

from what i saw in the spring, i'd recommend everyone be smart and don't drive outside of their limits. i'm 20 years old, at the peak of my automotive stupidity level, and gladly left early with patrick.

it is a good time, don't get me wrong. just be careful, and make sure you have reserve money to pay for potential tickets.

theTTshark
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Hope everyone is having/had fun on the cruise today. If the brakes on the Z would have been working she would have came out, but sadly this was not the case. The WRX's brakes are also SERIOUSLY lacking. I don't know what brand the ceramic brakes are up front, but they fade after one stop : /.

For everyone who either went and didn't drive in the fast group. I'm sorry ; ) hahaha The first and only cruise my Z went on was insane. Tailwag in the Z06, a NA Z32 driven by Jared (ESP auto-xer and seriously good driver), Pete's S2000 (honad's brother), a NSX, G35, some other cars behind me that I don't remember. How I as a 17 year old kid kept up with these hooligans is a mystery to me. We were going so fast that a C5 Corvette left at the halfway point. All I know is that we were going fast enough for cops not to find us : D I feel like every time these happen some great new story happens.....Also, tell me that Page dropped the clutch every time you were at a stop sign to turn onto a new road.

ElScooby
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I would have loved to go on this cruise but had too much going on. I hope everyone had fun and nobody got hurt or arrested.

WRXNFX
10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Great cruise today. I got to run for a while with a Lambo, and Angel.. :D

I agree with CSeaman, you need to stay insode you limits. It is not a video game, wrecks are real.

All that said all were OK for the day. It was a blast. if the interweb I am using stays up I will have pics shortly.

ElScooby
10-18-2009, 08:17 PM

I agree with CSeaman, you need to stay insode you limits. It is not a video game, wrecks are real.

All that said all were OK for the day. It was a blast. if the interweb I am using stays up I will have pics shortly.

Awesome. Good to hear all went well.

zero7starz
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
It was a pretty awesome day! And from what I heard/saw there we had no incidents :D

My thanks again to Page for letting me ride. Definitely feel like I learned some things about these cars, and got a whole new respect for them.

I think most importantly it was just great getting to see everyone again, theres alot of guys there that I hadn't seen in a long while.

Hope everyone had as good a time as I did!!

Did anyone get any pics?

WRXNFX
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Did anyone get any pics?

yes..

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0002.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0005.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0006.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0007.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0008.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0010.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/wrxnfxkc/smlDSC_0014.jpg

page2334
10-18-2009, 09:14 PM
yep it was a good day

zero7starz
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
That last shot is awesome :D

TunedAlready02
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Your car needs lowered and some tint 8)

zero7starz
10-18-2009, 10:39 PM

Your car needs lowered and some tint 8)

Agreed!!

Just4fuN
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

No it's not! :lol: Jeff, you failed the purpose of me asking you to take that picture over the radio.

Today was fun. I learned an important lesson: A WRX cannot brake as late as a Gallardo for a hard corner. :lol:

Next time, I'm going to do whatever I can to get a navigator to ride along. If you don't have anyone to read the directions, you're forced to stay behind someone who does.

TunedAlready02
10-18-2009, 11:31 PM

No it's not! :lol: Jeff, you failed the purpose of me asking you to take that picture over the radio.

Today was fun. I learned an important lesson: A WRX cannot brake as late as a Gallardo for a hard corner. :lol:

Next time, I'm going to do whatever I can to get a navigator to ride along. If you don't have anyone to read the directions, you're forced to stay behind someone who does.

I guess I coulda been your co-driver. We coulda wore helmets and headsets like the pros do. It would have been tite yo!

Just4fuN
10-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I guess I coulda been your co-driver. We coulda wore helmets and headsets like the pros do. It would have been tite yo!

:lol: Alright, but I want you to throw your head around violently, too, so that I feel like I'm driving even harder.

We should get helmets with 2-way radios built in, too!

TunedAlready02
10-18-2009, 11:36 PM

:lol: Alright, but I want you to throw your head around violently, too, so that I feel like I'm driving even harder.

We should get helmets with 2-way radios built in, too!

Its on for the next meet, cuz I'm sure I wont have a car by then. :(

Just4fuN
10-18-2009, 11:38 PM

That sucks, but now I'm getting excited about this. We'll get some static window-clings made with our last names on them and American flags.

TunedAlready02
10-18-2009, 11:45 PM

That sucks, but now I'm getting excited about this. We'll get some static window-clings made with our last names on them and American flags.

Genius! My aunt cuts vinyl, I got it covered. Now we just need a fast car... :P

TAILWAG
10-19-2009, 08:11 AM

It was a blast fo'sho! Shortly after we started the exodus back to civilization, we were alerted through the scanner that there was bacon hot and heavy all over. That being said, I am glad I did not make the meet and I stayed home watching TV on yesterday's glorious 60 degree day.

Jeff...do you have any pics of either car (Lambo and Z)...and by Z, I mean the one the "looks" like mine? :)

WRXNFX
10-19-2009, 11:39 AM

It was a blast fo'sho! Shortly after we started the exodus back to civilization, we were alerted through the scanner that there was bacon hot and heavy all over. That being said, I am glad I did not make the meet and I stayed home watching TV on yesterday's glorious 60 degree day.

Jeff...do you have any pics of either car (Lambo and Z)...and by Z, I mean the one the "looks" like mine? :)

Nope, your twin was so late we left right when he got there. Once we were rolling and I started navigating as I was driving I did not have the 4th hand needed for rolling shots.. :lol:

Bacon must have been lost. :) we broke into several small groups so that could have made it tough.

BoostAddict
10-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Knowing I couldn't keep up w/ Jeff's driving, I decided on passing this meet :lol:
Glad everyone had a good time!

WRXNFX
10-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey Angel, What happed with that cobalt SS?? :D

VF34RX
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Angel, What happed with that cobalt SS?? :D

Was it the maroon one with about 350whp?

Just4fuN
10-21-2009, 12:52 PM

The Cobalt wasn't really a participant... moreso a civilian that tried to keep up.

Just like the completely riced out NA Civic that chased for a while until his lunch break was over. :lol:

zero7starz
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM

The Cobalt wasn't really a participant... moreso a civilian that tried to keep up.

Just like the completely riced out NA Civic that chased for a while until his lunch break was over. :lol:

That Civic, BTW, left a note on my car asking to be invited next time we do this. LMAO...

VF34RX
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Oh ok. :lol: :lol: I'll make it one of these. I still have a few things to fix/buy before i can do anything like this.

Just4fuN
10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
That Civic, BTW, left a note on my car asking to be invited next time we do this. LMAO...

:lol: When we were sitting at the first stoplight that he caught up with us at, he asked for my phone number so that he could come next time. I rolled up my window.

I feel a little bad, because then he let me cut in front of him after my lane ended.
:? 8)

TAILWAG
10-21-2009, 08:37 PM
man oh man...so a Civic is NOT cool enough to hang out with Subaru's...?? Wow. :albino: , how times change... :roll:

scooby_rex
10-21-2009, 09:47 PM
we've run into a civic that gave mike more than a handful :shock:

cseaman
10-22-2009, 01:41 AM

:lol: When we were sitting at the first stoplight that he caught up with us at, he asked for my phone number so that he

Why?

Just4fuN
10-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Why?

It wasn't so much the fact that he had a Civic, but the way he was acting. I didn't give him my phone number because I don't know him, and neither did anyone else there, so no one could vouch for him. I don't give my number away at stop lights, unless maybe if it was a hot girl. :lol:

WRXNFX
10-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Why?

It wasn't so much the fact that he had a Civic, but the way he was acting. I didn't give him my phone number because I don't know him, and neither did anyone else there, so no one could vouch for him. I don't give my number away at stop lights, unless maybe if it was a hot girl. :lol:

Just4Fun is leaving out some details..

When I first say the car out of my side mirror I thought "what has that guy done to his STi?"

Is was silver grey with a terrible paint job.

It had an STi style wing, vented quarter panel, the paint job was bad.

If it had been well done it would have been different, it was pretty much an eye sore.

I think Just4Fun is well founded in not giving out his personal number. Keep in mind Just4fun and I have stickers so he could have looked us up.

I guess I am saying as an eye witness Just4Fun was right in blowing him off.

Oh and he could have followed if he wanted. 8)

SO, Angel, the SS? :lol:

It was a yellow SS and 4 of us were on 210. I am lead and I catch him because he is running like 5 over.

I pass and so do the other 3. As soon as we get ahead of him he is on the last cars tail.

First clearing he passes, the Z3, my STi, the Gallardo and Smurfet. :shock:

We were really moving and he apparently thought it was his moment to shine.

He passes us doing like 10 MPH more than us, so,,, the whole line just cruises up to his speed.

Me and the z3 break off to continue the cruise and smurfet, the Gallardo and SS drove on.

I am hoping there is some exciting story after that. :D

cseaman
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
jum

Why?

hahah i can't argue that! the number thing is def understandable, i just had this vision of some guy in like a stock civic (since the riciness was unmentioned) and you just rolled your window up on him hahah.

Just4fuN
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
hahah i can't argue that! the number thing is def understandable, i just had this vision of some guy in like a stock civic (since the riciness was unmentioned) and you just rolled your window up on him hahah.

Jeff forgot to mention that he also had a ridiculous hood scoop. The whole car looked like a plastic model STI that had been left under a heat lamp.

The only redeeming quality was that he had some nice OZ wheels on the car.

TAILWAG
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
No idea what was up with the Cobalt...we passed him a couple of times, he passed us back, then he exited and that was the end of it... :albino:

Why?

When I first say the car out of my side mirror I thought "what has that guy done to his STi?"

If it had been well done it would have been different, it was pretty much an eye sore.

I think Just4Fun is well founded in not giving out his personal number. Keep in mind Just4fun and I have stickers so he could have looked us up.

It was a yellow SS and 4 of us were on 210. I am lead and I catch him because he is running like 5 over.

I pass and so do the other 3. As soon as we get ahead of him he is on the last cars tail.

He passes us doing like 10 MPH more than us, so,,, the whole line just cruises up to his speed.

Me and the z3 break off to continue the cruise and smurfet, the Gallardo and SS drove on.

WRXNFX
10-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Jeff forgot to mention that he also had a ridiculous hood scoop. The whole car looked like a plastic model STI that had been left under a heat lamp.

The only redeeming quality was that he had some nice OZ wheels on the car.

The Hood scoop, yes. It looked a lot like the Siebon hood for the 06-07's, but ugly.

alaNi
10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
So i was so proud of the Z3!!! hit 126mph on 210 and it was actually pretty smooth, I only had a few oshit moments when you guys where passing and I realized that it didn't have quite as much pull as the Z :( I still have the note by the way it says

Hi, My name is richard I drive a grey honda civic that was following some of the guys at the meet. I would just like to meet a few people and cruise with some good drivers. My # is bla bla bla please give me a call or leave a message, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Here is a picture I got.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs207.snc1/7417_1146534622160_1191360769_30814585_5387702_n.j pg

Why?

Broken Z is broke :(
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs204.snc1/7116_1145268750514_1191360769_30810698_1634051_n.j pg

WRXNFX
10-28-2009, 10:16 AM
WOW,

That is one f-d up post...

What is with the Z?

alaNi
10-28-2009, 11:07 AM
WOW,

That is one f-d up post...

What is with the Z?

Ya I have no clue how that happened. Oil pump went out on the Z thats why I was driving the z3 at the meet lol.