PDA

View Full Version : New to the site and area

newtothegame
09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Hello all, the name is Joshua. Im not too new to subies, but new as of today to Kansas, more specifically the Fort Riley area. I have a 2005 and a 2007 WRX. Just looking for locals to meet and hang out with. And a good shop that I can trust. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TunedAlready02
09-28-2009, 08:12 PM
HI!

_UmMmMm_
09-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the community :D

myveryown07
09-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Car: 2007 Subaru WRX 5spd 20G
2005 Subaru WRX 4EAT Stage 2
dont talk to me.....

Hydrolix
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
welcome! good community here you will enjoy your stay I'm sure.

ElScooby
09-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Welcome to KCSubaru.

scooby_rex
09-29-2009, 01:10 AM
welcome!

not sure about shops local to Ft Reilly, but there are some good people (or at least they were stationed there for a while) in that area

.. there is another Josh that should have just got there, too, also with a rex LOL

Just4fuN
09-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Welcome!

One has to wonder... why two WRXs? Could've had an STI plus something more sensible to DD. I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation.

And don't mind myveryown07. He's stuck in the NA world of Subaru. :P :lol:

cseaman
09-29-2009, 01:31 AM
What unit are you in man? I left Riley a bit over a month ago to Iraq with 4BCT....

There are no shops in the Riley area at all.

Any pics of the cars? There are a decent amount of Subarus at Riley..well, there were until 4BCT left hahah...now they're all parked in garages, and the other couple that had a 18G wagon and a '08 STi left/went to Korea.

Hit me up if you have any Riley related questions.

newtothegame
09-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome!

One has to wonder... why two WRXs? Could've had an STI plus something more sensible to DD. I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation.

And don't mind myveryown07. He's stuck in the NA world of Subaru. :P :lol:

I bought my 07 3 years ago, at the end of 06. I couldnt afford an STI at the time. Fast forward 3 years and my girl wants a new car. I honestly tried getting here an EVO, but of course she didnt want one. Next year after my deployment the 05 is gettin traded in on a Legacy GT. But I have my 07 cause Im kind of stuck with it, with what I have done, plus its kind of a mission to prove that it can be as good as just about any other car out there. Idk, Im hard headed and like do things the hard way sometimes, lol.

Sorry o hear about the "jealousy" thing, a subie is a subie to me. I have love for them all.

newtothegame
09-29-2009, 08:14 AM
What unit are you in man? I left Riley a bit over a month ago to Iraq with 4BCT....

There are no shops in the Riley area at all.

Any pics of the cars? There are a decent amount of Subarus at Riley..well, there were until 4BCT left hahah...now they're all parked in garages, and the other couple that had a 18G wagon and a '08 STi left/went to Korea.

Hit me up if you have any Riley related questions.

Im going to be in the aviation side somewhere. I havent actually in processed yet. Good luck over there in Iraq. I know the unit Im going to is going to Afghanistan in March sometime.

I really hate hearing there are no shops here. I had an awesome shop at Fort Lewis. Those guys were genius at what they did. And I had access to Tim Bailey for tuning my car. I just need to find a place, I got a couple issues with my 07 I need some help with.

I will try and get some pics up here for everyone, and thank so much for the welcome and the help.

VF34RX
09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the site! definitely post up a mod list and pics in the member gallery. :D

03to04WRX
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
and the other couple that had a 18G wagon and a '08 STi left/went to Korea.

I know it was a bum deal i left but Michelle is still there she didnt leave just me....But there is 1 Shop, but if you are in the avation BDE you will meet him, his name is Eddie, hes a WO1 in the S1, i worked at 1st Div thats how i met him, but anyways his shop is off of 7th in JC, he can get you some pretty good deals on stuff, but i dont know if he got the shop space to do like replacing parts been a while since i have talked to him...

But we got are Wagon done at Surgeline Tim did all the tuning, he usually goes down to Plano, TX every once in a while thats where we go....ONce you go Cobb you never go back.....

So welcome to the site...

newtothegame
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
and the other couple that had a 18G wagon and a '08 STi left/went to Korea.

I know it was a bum deal i left but Michelle is still there she didnt leave just me....But there is 1 Shop, but if you are in the avation BDE you will meet him, his name is Eddie, hes a WO1 in the S1, i worked at 1st Div thats how i met him, but anyways his shop is off of 7th in JC, he can get you some pretty good deals on stuff, but i dont know if he got the shop space to do like replacing parts been a while since i have talked to him...

But we got are Wagon done at Surgeline Tim did all the tuning, he usually goes down to Plano, TX every once in a while thats where we go....ONce you go Cobb you never go back.....

So welcome to the site...

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up. I will look for the W01. Do you remember the name of the shop by chance? Im going to try and do some exploring tomorrow.

Tim is a great guy. He really knows his stuff also. He made my 91OCT maps by tweaking my 92OCT maps and they work just as well. I would love for him to tune my car again when I get to the power mods again. I know he travels around, thats how I got the tune on my car in Washington.

03to04WRX
09-30-2009, 02:14 AM
its JAAE SHOP, its connected to a Bike shop so you would really have to keep an eye out

newtothegame
09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
its JAAE SHOP, its connected to a Bike shop so you would really have to keep an eye out

Thanks again for the heads up. I really appreciate it.

myveryown07
10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
i'm not tripping i love my n/a subaru. it gets the job done. i was going to upgrade my toy but reality hit me and my kids are at the age we can buy fun toys for them. and with what i'm doing i would hate to do it to a car with power.....

newtothegame
10-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Like I said, no hard feelings. A subie is a subie. My mom drives an 09 Outback sport that I picked out for her. Im just trying to convince my Dad to switch over next. He wants a new Camaro instead, but he did get to test out my car.

myveryown07
10-04-2009, 10:57 PM
if i remember i did better times then a few turbo'd cars at my first try at auto x out at i-70 speedway im not jealous at all :D

Fran
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the site! Great lookin cars you have :D .

newtothegame
10-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Thank you very much. And thats a beautiful M3 yourself, thats just about the only car I would get in red.

TunedAlready02
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Thank you very much. And thats a beautiful M3 yourself, thats just about the only car I would get in red.

:|