PDA

View Full Version : Tire Rotation

Scubbz
05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I have had my subaru for about half a year now and I think its time to rotated my tires. I had a Hyudai Tiburon before and I was taught to rotate my tires a certain way with a front wheel drive vehicle. Front go straight back, and back tires criss cross to the front. Is there a method for an AWD vehicle?

05kcWRX
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
YEP, rotate driver side front to driver side back, passenger side front to passenger side back.
I think the distribution of power for the transmission is 60/40. I do this every other oil change or 7,000 miles

Scooby24
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I prefer full criss cross to ensure right to left are also getting proper wear.

stinole
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Make sure you don't have directional tires.

DevXTech
05-09-2013, 08:26 PM
My manual for a Legacy GT states rotate every 7,500 miles. For the pattern it states that if you have non-unidirectional tires then front tires go straight back and your back tires crisscross when coming forward. So passenger front to passenger rear, drivers front to drivers rear, passenger rear to drivers front, and drivers rear to passenger front. Now if you have unidirectional tires then you move front to back and back to front with no crisscross.

Not sure if these instructions vary model to model though.

timsti
05-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I think it depends on whether you have directional tires. if so, see post 2. if not, see post 3.

Scubbz
05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
I have non-directional tires. And just what i thought a full crisscross to ensure full even wear on tires. Thanks bunches everyone.:D Now the problem is getting the energy and time out of the weekend to do this.