PDA

View Full Version : Part time job ideas

ElScooby
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
This last year has been a crappy year with regards to spending money like a madman. After needing to fly myself and my family back and forth throughout the year to another country because of my father in law dying of cancer I have bought a lot of plane tickets. So now I am looking to get a part time job to start putting some money back in savings to replenish what we have used.

So that gets me to the point of what part time jobs would be good for someone who works 8 to 5? And on top of that I would like to find a job that pays decent as well. Quite a bit to ask of course, but heck why not?

So do any of you have an extra part time job that you do that is working well for you? Lets hear some ideas.

paper_tiger
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
This is something I too need to look into. I hear Target is not bad and you get 10% discount along with okay change in your pocket.

Justin 05 Sti
09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Ask if LSS needs a porter on the weekends. :lol:

paper_tiger
09-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Don't mind if I ask this but what is a porter?

VF34RX
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Don't mind if I ask this but what is a porter?

Someone that moves cars basically.

legacychick
09-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I worked at Home Depot part time for awhile. Starts at $9.55 an hour. No discounts, but that way you don't buy as much!

WRXNFX
09-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech support from home?

There are services where you basically log in and get calls then you work through the help program. so like part time you are a Netgear IT guy.

redwrxhead
09-25-2009, 10:55 PM
i work 7-3 during the day and at fedex at night. my job at fedex will probably be opening up in a week or 2 when i move up to a currior spot. DOT/handler starts at 12.23/hour. usually work about 4-6 hours a night.

cubedweller
09-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Brother -- on the side, considering your wrenching skills...do you have an hourly rate or a per-job basis on work that you do?
Say someone wants to install a turboback exhaust on their WRX or WRX STi...not everyone wants to tackle this themselves.

ElScooby
09-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Brother -- on the side, considering your wrenching skills...do you have an hourly rate or a per-job basis on work that you do?
Say someone wants to install a turboback exhaust on their WRX or WRX STi...not everyone wants to tackle this themselves.

I would love to do something like this. I would need to think about an hourly figure, or a basic rate for a specific job. I really wanted to start doing this but at the moment I can't afford to pay a vendor fee on this site if that would even be required since I would be advertising a server for sale. And I don't know if it would be stepping on any toes at LSS.

I love wrenching on cars and always have. And I would so much rather work on cars than say work at Dillards, or a retail job. I am trying to talk to my neighbor when I get a chance so that I can use his mig welder to fabricate my cam locking tools. :twisted:

scooby_rex
09-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I used to do the target thing, so I worked from 6-close weeknights and pretty much a full day on sat or sun. For me it wasnt too bad because I really had no responsibilities other than do my job and it was a complete change from my normal work.

One word of warning for retail, remember the holidays are coming up soon, so along with more hours for everyone, it might also require late nights if you close. The thing that made me quit target was having to work to like 2a and then get to my other job by 8a..