PDA

View Full Version : Yellow fog lights

Scubbz
03-27-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to get new bulbs for my wrb bugeye fog lights but don't know which ones to get. I don't want to ruin any kind of wiring by shorting something out so I looked in my manual and it says I need 12volt 55 watt bulbs. Can I get a 65 watt or 100 watt bulb and be fine? What does it mean 3000k? I'm looking on eBay and don't know which ones are best fit and better. I'm looking for something really bright.

Seth1784
03-27-2013, 07:36 PM
i can tell you the 3000k is your color temp. if you look up a color temp graph you'll see what i'm talking about. 4300k is white white, pretty much the closest to daylight you can get. 6000k gets you into the purples, 8000k in the blue (might have that backwards it's been a while) and 12000k is ultra violet pink. 3000k should be the yellow if i recall correct.

you'll be needing to do a hid kit, xenon bulbs aren't plug and play with halogen lamps if that's what you're asking. what you're probably looking at if you were looking at just the bulbs was replacements.

cubedweller
03-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm trying to get new bulbs for my wrb bugeye fog lights but don't know which ones to get. I don't want to ruin any kind of wiring by shorting something out so I looked in my manual and it says I need 12volt 55 watt bulbs. Can I get a 65 watt or 100 watt bulb and be fine? What does it mean 3000k? I'm looking on eBay and don't know which ones are best fit and better. I'm looking for something really bright.

I would strongly recommend sticking with the 55W halogens in your fogs. They are size H3. 3000k is reference to the yellow color of the light...but it sounds like you're looking at HID for your fogs which would not be a good idea. Putting HIDs in reflector housings that were not designed for HID illumination will produce glare for oncoming drivers.

ElScooby
03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
I would strongly recommend sticking with the 55W halogens in your fogs. They are size H3. 3000k is reference to the yellow color of the light...but it sounds like you're looking at HID for your fogs which would not be a good idea. Putting HIDs in reflector housings that were not designed for HID illumination will produce glare for oncoming drivers.

As well as produce extra unwanted tickets. Just a thought.

CZ03WRX
03-27-2013, 10:15 PM
if you want yellow fogs just buy normal bulbs and tint the lenses yellow. I did it on my bugeye and loved it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-uTWRqux0yis/Ts19JeoCm4I/AAAAAAAAABw/xy87oG6FYNI/s720/_MG_1178.jpg

Scubbz
03-27-2013, 11:12 PM
i have the yellow tint overlays but i'm not confident in my installation skills. worried about bubbling. plus there is a ton of crud on my outside lenses.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you tint part of your headlights CZ03WRX ?

Legacy
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
.......or just buy yellow h3 bulbs. Fogs lights are meant to be just that, fog lights. Yellow bulbs are a good idea because they reflect less light off of the roadway, especially in bad weather. By putting a high output light in there, you aren't really helping anything.........not to mention pissing off oncoming traffic. :lol:

DanC
03-28-2013, 08:49 AM
i have the yellow tint overlays but i'm not confident in my installation skills. worried about bubbling. plus there is a ton of crud on my outside lenses.

I put yellow overlays on my fogs years ago, it's very easy - but as Legacy posted, using yellow bulbs would work too.

kyNg02bugeye
03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Anyone know where I can get yellow tint? Need em for my jdm gt86 fogs

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm did a quick search... $8 win

Scubbz
03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
damn the cheapest i found was $12

kyNg02bugeye
03-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Nothing pre cut just some cheapo crap...

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Golden-Yellow-Headlight-Fog-Light-Tint-Vinyl-Sheet-p/ac-yellow-film.htm

I'll give it a try

Hydrolix
03-29-2013, 09:04 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Did you tint part of your headlights CZ03WRX ?

To put the stuff on without bubbling you need a credit card or something similar and some soapy water. Spray the light, lay the sticker on there, it should move around till you get it seated where you like and then you use the card to scrape from center to edge to get uniform adhesion then you let it dry. Done.

Scubbz
03-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks, I'll have to try it this weekend. i just didn't know the solution to use.

Sinisterbred_GM6
04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
soapy water.