PDA

View Full Version : people who lack common sense...

summerandjoe
09-23-2009, 02:15 PM
amaze me. i work in an office that serves at least 100 people a day. it is a public office, therefor clients come and go as they please. they share the same computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, etc. so, why in the hell would you come here when you are clearly sick? noone wants to be exposed to your throat slime and nose pudding. even if we have germ-x at every station, we can't hand out germ masks and bio-hazard suits to each and every client that comes in. IF YOU ARE SICK AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE SICK YOU SHOULD STAY HOME FOR REAL FOR REAL. i had a client at my desk messing with my pens and folders and stuff that was snarfing back some sinus slop and coughing his germ warfare all over the place. i had t o spray my area and the cubicle next to mine with lysol, plus bust out the alcohol wipes. damn idiots.

/rant

supchoo?

VF34RX
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Alot of people dont have any common sense. I've seen a lot of very smart people just be dumb as hell when it comes to some simple situations or decisions.

summerandjoe
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
i deal with it on a daily basis, but when your lack of better judgement puts others health at risk... that's when i get a bit upset.

LeggyGT-Rs
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I would have prepared a raw chicken sandwich on your desk had I stayed the last time I didnt visit with you. Mmm.

summerandjoe
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
I would have prepared a raw chicken sandwich on your desk had I stayed the last time I didnt visit with you. Mmm.

well, that's ok. i can handle that. but if your snorting salmonella in your nose and headface then we'd have a problem.

WRXNFX
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I like to spread viruses LIKE A BOSS!!! :lol:

Common sense? Never heard of it.

ever been standing somewhere, like lets say watch a street performer and someone will walk around you to stand infront of you and watch what you were watching? :twisted: It is one thing if you are doing something else and don;t see me, but to walk in front of a crowd watch and stop to watch. :twisted:

How about you are leaving a movie theatre and 2 people stop in the doorway to talk. I will yell "EXCUSE ALL OF US", or my new fav "Really?"

VF34RX
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I use "Really?" alot too. :lol: :lol: Along with "thats cute" if something goes wrong.

Crispy
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I like to spread viruses LIKE A BOSS!!! :lol:

Common sense? Never heard of it.

ever been standing somewhere, like lets say watch a street performer and someone will walk around you to stand infront of you and watch what you were watching? :twisted: It is one thing if you are doing something else and don;t see me, but to walk in front of a crowd watch and stop to watch. :twisted:

How about you are leaving a movie theatre and 2 people stop in the doorway to talk. I will yell "EXCUSE ALL OF US", or my new fav "Really?"

Like the baggage carousel at the airport? You can't leave more than a foot in front of you or someone will always try to squeeze in there to stand right next to the thing. I never mind anyone that waits back and steps up real quick when their suitcase comes around, I'll step aside for this guy. But why do people insist on muscling through everyone to stand at the front to wait until their bag comes out as one of the last few?

paper_tiger
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
We get that crap at concerts all of the time. It is usually the really tall guy that will decide to stand in the 2' opening directly in front of you. I often want to kick them in the back of the knees when they do this. My wife has elbowed a few people in the ribs when they try to wedge themselves in that 6" between her and the person next to her.

Yeah stopping in the door drives me nuts and at Target you get lots of people who will pick that to be the exact moment to pull out their receipt and verify everything in their carts.

pnasmith
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Like the baggage carousel at the airport? You can't leave more than a foot in front of you or someone will always try to squeeze in there to stand right next to the thing. I never mind anyone that waits back and steps up real quick when their suitcase comes around, I'll step aside for this guy. But why do people insist on muscling through everyone to stand at the front to wait until their bag comes out as one of the last few?

Its WAY worse in foreign countries; Europe is not so bad, but baggage claim at Incheon airport in Seoul, S Korea (actually the WHOLE damn country) is a nightmare for anyone with personal space issues. They just don't have the space to pander to those kinds of 'American' concepts. Getting shoulder bumped walking down the street is not at all uncommon, and not meant to offend, its just the way it is.

Pete

Obsidian06
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Joe, I know how you feel. I work in technical support and get some questions that I literally will sit there with my jaw hanging.

cubedweller
09-24-2009, 07:33 PM
MMMmmm...nose pudding...aghrhrshahhlahlhlhlhlhlhl.

There's a big difference between being rude and having a lack of common sense. However, there is usually some considerable overlap.

Speed_Freak27
09-25-2009, 04:13 AM
I totally agree with you that if your sick you need to stay the F home unless your going to see a doctor. However,you should not be so quick to judge in some cases. I along with a lot of other people have allergies. If I were not on medicine you would swear I was sick. I hack up so much crap in a day I could probably fill a 20 oz cup and in general feel and look like I'm sick.

summerandjoe
09-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I totally agree with you that if your sick you need to stay the F home unless your going to see a doctor. However,you should not be so quick to judge in some cases. I along with a lot of other people have allergies. If I were not on medicine you would swear I was sick. I hack up so much crap in a day I could probably fill a 20 oz cup and in general feel and look like I'm sick.

we have our fair share of regulars that do come in suffering from allergies. the ones in particular literally announce that they feel sick. heck, one guy i was working kept telling me he felt sick and was coughing, snorting, sneezing and looking downright miserable. i told him he needed to return when he was in better health.

now, on to todays gripe. i'm gonna hold off on being too irate until i hear from the person at the center of this gripe. wednesday, she scheduled an appointment for me for thursday (yesterday) for 11:30am which is my lunch time. she did not let me know of the appointment, so i was kind of blindsided when i stood up to leave for lunch. since i missed my lunch, i had to wait for the others to get their lunch out of the way before i could take mine. today, the same individual had a 9:00am appointment that i had to handle since she still isn't here and isn't answering her phone. if she overslept, forgot, or whatever then she will be getting a lesson in personal responsibility. if she is sick, she will be sent a get well soon card with a reminder to call in and let us know. if it something more serious, then i won't mention anything at all and put it behind me.

/rant?

summerandjoe
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Joe, I know how you feel. I work in technical support and get some questions that I literally will sit there with my jaw hanging.

i deal with quite a few people who seriously lack any seat-time with a computer and some of the things they ask me is kind of funny. but, it's not their fault since they really don't know anything about computers and how to use them. i spend about 8hrs a day with computers so the most basic question to me is like "are you kiddin' me?". like, if someone asks me if i know the zip for a city in montana, i tell them to try a google search to which i am met with a :? and "i don't know what that is.". i just tell myself "self, it's not their fault" then i help them. go me.

slowagon
09-25-2009, 10:18 AM
try working in the service dept of a dealership- there are some "smart" ones out there- the one who wants to wait for a torque converter replacement, or a fuel pump on a diesel pickup, or tire lights, gotta love tire lights

paper_tiger
09-25-2009, 01:39 PM

i deal with quite a few people who seriously lack any seat-time with a computer and some of the things they ask me is kind of funny. but, it's not their fault since they really don't know anything about computers and how to use them. i spend about 8hrs a day with computers so the most basic question to me is like "are you kiddin' me?". like, if someone asks me if i know the zip for a city in montana, i tell them to try a google search to which i am met with a :? and "i don't know what that is.". i just tell myself "self, it's not their fault" then i help them. go me.

Often times in tech support I find there are those who don't know a great deal of what I take for granted and they tend to break into three categories.

1: Don't know but willing to listen and/or learn. They tend to say I don't know what you are talking about and let you do your thing with out being in the way. Sometimes they will even write it down :shock:

2: Don't know and don't care to learn. These people spend all of their time telling you how stupid they are with PC's and how they have no idea what anything is. So you kindly explain it (right click, it is the other mouse button) only to be cut off midway with them repeating their statement how they know nothing about PC's. They tend either be old people and can be polite or just irritating.

3: Don't know but don't want to lose face and feel inferior to the tech so they pretend to be experts of the field. These are the people I cannot stand. They call or grab you as you walk by and explain their problem to the best of their abilities (often not making sense) or will tell you about how their friend/relative is in IT (I care why?), now this is where this tree branches. They either will spend the whole time watching you like a hawk and interrupting you every second while you try to work and will not let you get a word in ever. OR in an effort try to fix it they put their all mighty skills to use and end up jacking things up so bad you have no idea what they did in the first place often making things 100 times worse. Both branches will cut you off constantly, be generally rude or know-it-all in an effort to prove something to us, argue with you and often say "I already did that and it did not help", or will constantly type, move the mouse (if remoted in), click on crap (trying to help us), and change things around because they know better than us. These people are the ones I will ask if they want my help or not since they seem to have a handle on things.

WRXNFX
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM

we have our fair share of regulars that do come in suffering from allergies. the ones in particular literally announce that they feel sick. heck, one guy i was working kept telling me he felt sick and was coughing, snorting, sneezing and looking downright miserable. i told him he needed to return when he was in better health.

now, on to todays gripe. i'm gonna hold off on being too irate until i hear from the person at the center of this gripe. wednesday, she scheduled an appointment for me for thursday (yesterday) for 11:30am which is my lunch time. she did not let me know of the appointment, so i was kind of blindsided when i stood up to leave for lunch. since i missed my lunch, i had to wait for the others to get their lunch out of the way before i could take mine. today, the same individual had a 9:00am appointment that i had to handle since she still isn't here and isn't answering her phone. if she overslept, forgot, or whatever then she will be getting a lesson in personal responsibility. if she is sick, she will be sent a get well soon card with a reminder to call in and let us know. if it something more serious, then i won't mention anything at all and put it behind me.

/rant?

We give people to the end of there shift to call in, if not, Termination. Job abandonment.

WRX04KCMO
09-26-2009, 12:57 AM
try working in the service dept of a dealership- there are some "smart" ones out there- the one who wants to wait for a torque converter replacement, or a fuel pump on a diesel pickup, or tire lights, gotta love tire lights

Lol, I f'n hate tire lights.

WRXNFX
09-26-2009, 01:18 AM

Lol, I f'n hate tire lights.

tire lights?

summerandjoe
09-26-2009, 08:46 AM
My guess is those led valve cap thingies

WRXNFX
09-26-2009, 12:57 PM
My guess is those led valve cap thingies

LED Valve Cap Thingies?

These are new.. and cheesy.. :D

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/4- ... oduct.html (http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/4-message-LED-Valve-Caps-Wheel-Light/3517067/product.html)

http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-led ... caps.shtml (http://www.speedydelivery.co.uk/car-led-neon-lighting/car-led-wheel-valve-caps.shtml)

scooby_rex
09-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I hear ya'll on IT support. I deal with firewalls support so you'd think the people who call me would have some knowledge of basic networking, like how to FTP a file...

but yeah, its the ones who think they're experts or talk like they are, but who dont know anything that piss me off the most

Hydrolix
09-26-2009, 07:49 PM
tire lights...that anything like blinker fluid?

scooby_rex
09-26-2009, 07:51 PM
i believe the tire lights they're referring to are the low tire pressure sensors, you know the ones that you make go away by ensuring correct tire pressure... :lol:

WRX04KCMO
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Every car made now has to have tire pressure monitoring systems. Its for those people who don't know that they need to check their tire pressure more then once a year. If a tire falls below a certain pressure a light comes on the dashboard. Each car has a different reset procedure and some of them can be a pita to reset.

VF34RX
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM

Here is where you can a new bottle.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=6 (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6)

If your butt dyno ever breaks you can also purchase one here.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ucts_id=41 (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=41)

summerandjoe
09-28-2009, 08:45 AM

Here is where you can a new bottle.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=6 (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=6)

yeah, i ordered my left-hand metric srewdriver from them. it helped out so much when i had the bugeye.

paper_tiger
09-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Ha ha I remember that site. I will be purchasing the Butt Dyno here soon.