PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying some wheels!

Torrez2000
01-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I have stock wheels with all seasons, but have been looking out for a set of performance summer tires and wheels. These really caught my eye, but no idea what they are, where to find them and how much. Help much appreciated. I also have a brand new, unused Grimmspeed up pipe for 03 wrx for sale if anyone wants (with gaskets).

dukenukem
01-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Rota grids or something.

wussman
01-17-2013, 01:40 AM
They are Rota Grids. Check out wheeldude.com.

JSchell1309
01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
As stated they are Rota Grids. If you get down to it Rotas are knock offs. They are perfectly fine as a wheel but you will see some people hating on them for that sole reason. Also a lot of people will post horror stories of them cracked, but this is usually from slamming into a pothole or curb. (which will damage any wheel, knock off or not)

Grids are specifically a knock off of Rays Te37's

I personally think they are a great looking wheel for a not too bad price. Again as stated, wheeldude.com is your source for Rotas.

Blue Meanie
01-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I have stock wheels with all seasons, but have been looking out for a set of performance summer tires and wheels. These really caught my eye, but no idea what they are, where to find them and how much. Help much appreciated. I also have a brand new, unused Grimmspeed up pipe for 03 wrx for sale if anyone wants (with gaskets).
I've got a bugeye wagon w/ the Rota Grids and love 'em despite the haters. Mine are 18x8.5 which is about the most you can do without serious fender mods. Mine needed a light fender roll to reduce rubbing (225/40 18s = slight stretch) check out my blog for pics of fitment

Torrez2000
01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I've got a bugeye wagon w/ the Rota Grids and love 'em despite the haters. Mine are 18x8.5 which is about the most you can do without serious fender mods. Mine needed a light fender roll to reduce rubbing (225/40 18s = slight stretch) check out my blog for pics of fitment

Yeah, that looks great! Exactly what I'm going for (although I'll probably go silver or darker being my wagon is yellow). If I get some 17's with 225's do you still think that rear fender roll will be necessary? How much did you pay for yours and where did you purchase them? Thanks for the help!

Blue Meanie
01-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that looks great!
Thanks!

If I get some 17's with 225's do you still think that rear fender roll will be necessary?
Probably. It's not so much the 17" VS 18" as it is the width and suspension drop. I'd like to go 235 for more grip but I'll have to roll/pull the fenders more. Plus, I'm on Tein S-Tech wagon specific springs for the drop so I'm down 1.7" font & 0.8" rear (more haters will be found for those too)

If you go 17: then you'll need something more like a 17/45 to try and get the total wheel circumference as close to stock as you can. There are a couple guys on here with fender rollers that might help you or if you wanna go all cave man on that shit you can use an aluminum bat and some grease :p

How much did you pay for yours and where did you purchase them?
I "stole" them. Found someone selling them on KCSR and talked him down to $500 (used with rubber on them) Had to drive to Witchita to get them but it was well worth it ;)

NoAffiliationSTi
01-21-2013, 02:45 PM
XXR 522 is also very similar to the grid/TE37's, this is what I run on the STI in the summer.http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/NoAffiliationSTI/Subie/IMAG0358.jpg (http://s67.beta.photobucket.com/user/NoAffiliationSTI/media/Subie/IMAG0358.jpg.html)

Blue Meanie
01-21-2013, 09:26 PM
XXR 522 is also very similar to the grid/TE37's, this is what I run on the STI in the summer.http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h315/NoAffiliationSTI/Subie/IMAG0358.jpg (http://s67.beta.photobucket.com/user/NoAffiliationSTI/media/Subie/IMAG0358.jpg.html)

Is that you I see running up and down Roe last Summer/Fall?

NoAffiliationSTi
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
More than likely Geoff, my brother lives right off of Roe & I-35

WRXNFX
01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
No aff, what are those ramps?? :) specifically where can I buy some?

NoAffiliationSTi
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Race Ramps, we sell them on our site, streetsideauto