PDA

View Full Version : installing a moonroof, good idea?

eyeb
12-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Quick question, I was browsing used imprezas online and saw one that looks good but it doesn't have a moonroof. Wondering what your experiences with installing a moonroof are, should i do it or wait to find one already with one? I'd do it at the dealership since I don't really trust a garage for this type of work, I'm just not sure if even the dealership work is to be trusted as well or if the car will hold up to having a hole cut in the middle of the roof.

Asking since I was also on subaru's site as well. If I just ordered one, I don't want the extra packages that come with the moonroof, could I just have the moonroof installed at the dealership without ordering the moonroof package so I don't get the rest of the other things. Same with the lineartronic CVT, could I have that installed without the limited/sport edition? This I'm figuring would cost enough to just buy the limited/sport but since I'm asking about moonroof, I'm throwing it in as well

Kilby33
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
If you find a car without one, you can always have a shop install one for you. It will cost a pretty penny I would imagine, if you can justify the cost I say go for it. Just find a trustworthy shop that will warranty there work incase it starts to leak etc...

NoAffiliationSTi
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I would suggest Top King as they used to do the aftermarket moon/sunroof installs back when I worked at All Pro Ford.