PDA

View Full Version : Fuel smell

Grymm
09-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I have had this problem with my 02 wrx since I purchased it, it only happens when its cool/cold out....I was reading on Naisoc that it is a line, that needs to be replaced, what I don't understand is I had to replace the original 02 motor with an 03... yay used cars and some one turning up turbos...any how does any one know of a fix for this that isn't ridiculously expensive? I get to the point where I have to roll down the windows due to feeling :drunken: it gets so bad at times.

scooby_rex
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
if you're referring to a raw fuel smell in the cabin then you're looking at some work to fix it.

I used to have a thread about it. The fix is a piece of hose thats a bit longer than the one from the factory, but that hose is located under the intake manifold, so you're having to pull manifold to get to the hose.. Some dealers have been performing the fix for free, some have been charging for labor (something like 6 hrs), and other charge for the whole thing. Personally, I went a different route, I got a perrin fuel rail kit (~$300) and put it in myself, which actually was cheaper than paying for labor at a dealer.

Grymm
09-18-2009, 07:28 PM
That would be the smell thank ya sir. Guess I get to live with it til next year then heh....2 mods a year is about all I can afford.

stentorian
10-22-2009, 09:14 AM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131755

Known problem in 02+. Sometimes you can do a simple fix by tightening some clamps, but may not be able to reach them all. Should be a desciptions somewhere in there.
-Joe

Grymm
10-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks Sten, that is the post I was talking about, oddly *knocks on wood* I only had the problem 1 time since the new motor(that I can remember) although it may not be cold enough yet :|