PDA

View Full Version : Thai Place gathering NW64ST & I29

Itz Darave
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, I had conversation with the GM of Thai Place while out at Club 1520... Asked him a date.. he said when ever is fine.. With my schedule of racing, work, and all the fun things of life.. Id say October or November.. We wouldn't have to hang outside if its cold.. They have plenty of space inside to sit eat, drink, & chit-chat.. I asked him if he would have any specials on that day he said of course. So.. what date would you guys want to go for? I have to look at my calendar again tomorrow and Ill post a few days I have in mind.

He has friends that are apart of the viper & nsx groups and what not.. Im shooting for gathering of all makes.. But.. I wont be trying to gather the Honda crowd. Keyword.. trying.. LOL. He is looking for a more mature group of enthusiasts to come hang out. Most honda owners are younger. Yet I know some are mature and/or older. But my statistics say X % of honda owners in KC are younger with loud fart cans with useless mods.. =X I'm one of those younger honda kids with a loud fart can with useless mods I think.. My car is purpose built though.. haha..

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Im not sure if they are open on sunday I'll have to check..

http://www.kcthaiplace.com/ is their website if you don't know what they are about.. :wink:

Just4fuN
09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm definitely going to try and make this meet. As for the date, I can't be very helpful with choosing it because I won't know my work schedule until we get closer to that time.

If you get enough interest, us Subie guys can outnumber those Honda fellows, anyway. :twisted:

VF34RX
09-18-2009, 08:20 AM
I-29 and 64th st. Just so you dont confuse anyone. :lol: I would love to come to this one.

Itz Darave
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM
hehhe.. opps.. i fixed it.

BoostAddict
09-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Depending on which weekend this lands on, I'd love to make it to this one.

pnasmith
09-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Depending on the date, I'm down.

Pete

SubaSteve
09-19-2009, 09:05 AM
im down, date doesnt matter to me, im unemployed lol. well not for long hopefully

NachO_SRT
09-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Pick a date, I want some Tiger Cry beef already...

:shock:

NachO

myveryown07
09-24-2009, 04:40 PM
pick a date could show depending on sitter. if not i'm bringin the gang with me :D

sexymexi11
10-02-2009, 08:52 AM
i'm down, great food here, i miss my old thai joint from back home in iowa. But this is the next best place IMHO. keep us updated on a date and time. Oh yea and the owners son's nissan 350 is badass. I used to work with him and he took me on a lil drive once... but yea keep us posted.

zero7starz
10-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Well not that I'm out of a job, I can pretty much make any day/time.

Just4fuN
10-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Well, I had conversation with the GM of Thai Place while out at Club 1520... Asked him a date.. he said when ever is fine.. With my schedule of racing, work, and all the fun things of life.. Id say October or November.. We wouldn't have to hang outside if its cold.. They have plenty of space inside to sit eat, drink, & chit-chat.. I asked him if he would have any specials on that day he said of course. So.. what date would you guys want to go for? I have to look at my calendar again tomorrow and Ill post a few days I have in mind.

He has friends that are apart of the viper & nsx groups and what not.. Im shooting for gathering of all makes.. But.. I wont be trying to gather the Honda crowd. Keyword.. trying.. LOL. He is looking for a more mature group of enthusiasts to come hang out. Most honda owners are younger. Yet I know some are mature and/or older. But my statistics say X % of honda owners in KC are younger with loud fart cans with useless mods.. =X I'm one of those younger honda kids with a loud fart can with useless mods I think.. My car is purpose built though.. haha..

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Im not sure if they are open on sunday I'll have to check..

http://www.kcthaiplace.com/ is their website if you don't know what they are about.. :wink:

Any word on date yet?

pnasmith
01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Drove by there a few weeks ago; OUT OF BUSINESS :( .

Pete

Just4fuN
01-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Pete

That helps to explain why this meet never got off the ground...

pnasmith
01-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Pete

That helps to explain why this meet never got off the ground...

Sucks too, they had GREAT food. Pretty reasonable too. I wonder what happened, they always seemed to be busy when I was there.

Pete